Thread: Antivirus that can reside in pen drive and protect it

Antivirus that can reside in pen drive and protect it

Is there any antivirus that can reside in our pen drive and protect it from viruses and malwares??? Actually seats in our college computer lab are not fixed, anyone can seat anywhere. Most of the PC’s have viruses and most of the PC’s doesn’t have any antiviruses as well. I have to carry out my work at my computer lab, save it in my pen drive and copy it in to my home system almost every day. I do scan my pen drive after connecting it to my system but I am tired of doing the same thing every day. I want to know if there is any antivirus that can reside in pen drive and avoid viruses and malwares entering it. Any idea?

Re: Antivirus that can reside in pen drive and protect it

I doubt if there’s any by now but you can hope to get one soon. It will be a good idea to have an antivirus installed in pen drive itself rather than PC’s so that we don’t have to worry about scanning the pen drive every time after connecting it to different PC’s. Even I like to have it.

Yeah there is no antivirus as such. Actually you can store antivirus in your pen drive but to run it you’ll surely need an operating system. In future we can see an antivirus fulfilling your requirement. Say you will have to store the antivirus file in your pen drive and as soon as you will connect it to any system the antivirus exe file will run automatically and prevent viruses and malwares entering your pen drive.
    For now you can tell you computer lab concerned person to install free trial version of an antivirus so that you all don’t have to run in such issues. This is a common case of most of the school and college computer lab. Even I have suffered the same thing throughout my college year.

I came across this topic while wandering in this forum. I really never thought of having an antivirus that will reside in pen drive and will protect it from viruses and malwares. However, after going through this topic I am hoping to get one soon. It’s not must but ill surely like to have one, I won’t mind paying for the same even though I prefer using freeware software and applications.

Quote Originally Posted by neeeel View Post
    Is there any antivirus that can reside in our pen drive and protect it from viruses and malwares??? Actually seats in our college computer lab are not fixed, anyone can seat anywhere. Most of the PC’s have viruses and most of the PC’s doesn’t have any antiviruses as well. I have to carry out my work at my computer lab, save it in my pen drive and copy it in to my home system almost every day. I do scan my pen drive after connecting it to my system but I am tired of doing the same thing every day. I want to know if there is any antivirus that can reside in pen drive and avoid viruses and malwares entering it. Any idea?
    You can ask your professors to install any of the below antiviruses, they all are free.
    1. Microsoft Security Essentials
    2. Avast Free antivirus
    3. Avira Free Antivirus
    4. Panda Cloud Antivirus Free
    5. Comodo Free Antivirus

I told them quite a few times but it hardly matters to them as they use their laptops and not the same PC's. I had installed Microsoft Security Essentials in some of the system where I used to seat but other people have messed it up. They don’t run scan on those systems and allow it to get filled with viruses. I remember that I had prepared my project overnight and when I connected it to one of the PC at our computer lab everything got converted in to shortcuts. I was not able to retrieve any data even after scanning it again in my PC running avast free.
    I really hope some company to come up with an antivirus that will reside in it and will protect it as well. I really need it.

they do have some free anti-virus programs i have seen some of them

cannot remember the names of them though

u can google it
    google free antivirus programs that can be run off a usb