Thread: Best combination of antivirus with MSE ?

Best combination of antivirus with MSE ?

I have installed windows 8 in my system, it came preinstalled with MSE and now I am willing to install some other antivirus along side. I want to know which are the antiviruse’s that can run with MSE together and which will be the best compatible one. Suggestion regarding this will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: Best combination of antivirus with MSE ?

You can run below combination:
    MSE + Panda Free AV ()+ Comodo Free Firewall
    2. MSE + Avira Free + Comodo Free Firewall
    However, it is not recommended to run to antivirus alongside on the same machine. Systems with more than one antivirus installed are likely to run in to issues.

You can run MalwareBytes but then you have to make sure that you are telling each program to ignore each other’s files as there are chances of them to be interfering in process of each other. You can simply add Files and folder of Microsoft Security Client in to MalwareBytes Ignore List and MalwareBytes AntiMalware files and folder in ignore list of Microsoft Security Essentials, doing that will reduce the chances of their interference.

Why do you want to install some other antivirus along with Microsoft Security Essentials??

As far as I am aware Microsoft Security Essentials is capable of handling any system without any issues. There is no need of installing some other antivirus in combination with it. In case you are not satisfied with Microsoft Security Essentials then you can install some stand alone antivirus. Installing two antiviruses on single system is really not recommend and you will find thousands of people who have run in to issues after installing more than one antivirus in their system.
    xp1800 overclocked to 2.4ghz
    an35n-400u mobo
    256mb of adata ddr500
    maxtor dimondmax8 40gb 7200rpm
    geforce4 ti4400
    52x32x52x16 cd-rw/dvd combo
    Tt 420watt psu

Install antivirus Avast free, it works well with Microsoft Security Essentials on my windows 7 system without any issues. I guess it will work fine on windows 8 as well. Just make sure that you are adding their files and folders in their ignore list just after installing Avast. Also disable Microsoft Security Essentials while installing Microsoft Security Essentials. Once you are done with Avast installation, you can enable MSE and you will be good to go. They haven’t caused any kind of interference between each other’s process in my system by now. I have been running both of them along side since three months.
    This is a figment of your imagination.

There is no need of installing any other antivirus with Microsoft Security Essentials. MSE is quite capable of dealing with viruses, spyware, worms, and other malicious things. There is no need of installing any antispyware software as well, I have come across people who assume that MSE cannot protect a system all alone and there is a need of installing antispyware software alongside but it is really not like that. Many experts have already answered such questions and MSE has won many awards as security experts. If it would have not been capable of protecting a system then why would it have won award, can anyone tell me.