Thread: AVG Free Edition 2013 completes scan immediately

AVG Free Edition 2013 completes scan immediately

I have installed AVG Free Edition 2013 in windows 8 after disabling the preinstalled bit defender. However, I think there is something wrong with AVG. As soon as I start the scan within seconds it says “Scan was successfully completed and nothing was found”. It seems as if it’s not actually scanning my system and coming up with Scan successful message just like that. Has anyone else faced similar issue with AVG Free Edition 2013? Or there’s something wrong in my case???

Re: AVG Free Edition 2013 completes scan immediately

I guess something is interfering with the AVG scanning process. In that case you can open task manager and close all un-necessary program and unknown non Microsoft services. I also wanted to know if you have any other antivirus or security program installed in your system. If yes then uninstall the same and see if AVG starts fine. If you are not using “Bit defender” then I will suggest you to uninstall it as well. Just check out and try out things I have suggested and let me know if you get any help.

I don’t have any other antivirus or security program installed in my system. I have tried killing all un-necessary program and unknown non Microsoft services that were running in background but I don’t see any improvement. AVG is still completing the scanning process in some seconds. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling AVG but no avail. I will now uninstall Bit defender and reinstall AVG Free Edition 2013 and will let you know if it works fine.

Don’t just uninstall Bit defender and AVG form control panel, rather you can use “AVG Remover (32 bit & 64 bit version)” and “BitDefender Uninstall Utility” for uninstalling them completely form you system. Once you are done with the un-installation than download AVG Free Edition 2013 and make clean installation of it in your system. I don’t think you should face any issue after that.

rmtra12 Guest

Myself having AVG free Edition 2012 not compatible after Windows 8 upgrade.

Is AVG free Edition 2013 compatible with Windows 8?

Quote Originally Posted by rmtra12 View Post
    Myself having AVG free Edition 2012 not compatible after Windows 8 upgrade.

Is AVG free Edition 2013 compatible with Windows 8?
    Yes, AVG AntiVirus Free 2013 is compatible with Windows 8. Above that there is a new interface optimized for Windows 8 which really does make this antivirus easier to use and it also installs pretty fast on the computer. Avg is doing the best thing by keeping its stacks for the newer version of Windows from microsoft.