Thread: Norton Internet Security 2013 Error 8506,421

Norton Internet Security 2013 Error 8506,421

I have installed Norton Internet Security 2013 in my system running windows 7 and there is something wrong going on with it. Sometimes upon starting it I get Error 8506 and Error 421. The only temporary solution that I have come across is doing a restart. After a restart when I start Norton Internet Security, I don’t get the same error message again. Is there any solution to get rid of the error message permanently???

Re: Norton Internet Security 2013 Error 8506,421

Did those errors started coming up just after the installation of Norton Internet Security? Or they came up later?? Do you have any other antivirus installed in your system??? If yes than uninstall other ones, restart your system and cross check if it starts working fine after that. More than one antivirus installed on a single machine are likely to interfere with each other, that’s why it is not recommended to install multiple antivirus on a single machine. I have come across people who have faced many such errors after installing other antiviruses along with Norton Internet Security.

If it was working fine before and have started coming up with the mentioned error suddenly then some recent changes might be the cause. Most common changes are windows update and installation of other programs. In that case you can try performing system restore to a point when everything was working fine.

I have installed Norton Internet Security 2013 yesterday itself, these errors started coming up after the installation. I don’t have any other antivirus installed in my system and I am aware that one should not install more than one antivirus on a single system. I haven’t installed any other program after installing NIS, so I don’t think there is any point in performing system restore. My last restore point is a month ago and I have installed many useful programs by now I don’t want to lose them all and reinstall them one by one. Let me know if there is any other solution that I can try out.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Norton Internet Security 2013?? It seems there is something wrong with NIS and it needs to be reinstalled. I am not sure but If it was with me then I would have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it first rather than trying out other tricks. Just give it a try and let me know if you are able to get rid of those error messages.

After your suggestion I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Norton Internet Security 2013 but I don’t see any improvement. I still get those errors some times.

These errors have been reported to NIS support many a times and they have come up with a fix for the same, you can try out below steps for fixing the error.
    First download Norton Remove & Reinstall tool and save it to your desktop
    Now double click NRnR icon and follow the on-screen instructions
    Once the Norton Remove & Reinstall tool completes its task you can restart your computer

Note – You might be asked to restart your computer more than once so don’t panic and follow the on screen instrucrions until it gets completed.

none of the above solutions works on my son's computer

My uncle contacted me for the same error. He is having Norton and somehow the antivirus is not working properly. After searching on web I am able to find a solution. There are two tools that you have to use. The first is Norton Removal Tool and the second one is Norton Power Eraser. Run this tool to wipe out Norton files from the system and then go ahead with fresh setup. If you are still facing the error then your setup is buggy.

It’s better to consult customer care of Norton antivirus. Repetitive problem might be indicating that you all missing in some installation step. By then, I am using Quick Heal total security antivirus. It is giving good service. I will advise you to have a try of it.