Thread: Home wifi network is not getting detected by Acer Aspire netbook

Home wifi network is not getting detected by Acer Aspire netbook

I have Acer Aspire netbook running windows 7 and I never had a single issue with it but since yesterday it has stopped detecting my Home wifi network. It can detect other wireless network nearby but I don’t know why it fails to detect my Home wifi network. There is nothing wrong with my network as I have tested it out with other devices, they detect it well and I don’t have any issue in connecting to it. Any help to fox this issue will be appreciated.

Re: Home wifi network is not getting detected by Acer Aspire netbook

Quite weird, while reading half of your post I thought there might be something wrong with your Home wifi network. Anyways I want to know if you have tried updating your netbook’s wireless adapter driver. I am not sure if that would make difference as you have mentioned that it detects other nearby wifi networks without any issue. Just give it a try and see if things work fine after that.

I have tried updating wireless adapter driver of my laptop and have uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times but that’s not making any difference. I have rebooted my netbook several times but it simply won’t detect my Home wifi network. I don’t have any issue in connecting to other wifi networks. I am really running out of ideas and I don’t know what to do. I have never faced an issue like this and have never heard of it as well.

If things were working fine before and your netbook has stopped detecting your Home wifi network suddenly than I guess it to be because of some hardware of software change in your netbook. Try and recall the recent changes and let me know if you doubt any change. If possible try doing system restore. You can restore your netbook to a point when you were not having any such issues. You might lose recent changes but there are possibilities that you will be able to get your Home wifi network detected by your netbook.

I haven’t made any hardware changes in my netbook. However I have installed some applications and games but I don’t think they might cause this issue. I had installed them a week ago and this issue has started yesterday. I will try doing a system restore and will let you know if that makes any difference. Until than if there is anything else that I need to check out or I can try out then please let me know. I need to get my netbook wifi working anyhow, Thanks in advance.

Try booting in safe mode with networking and cross check if your netbook detects your wifi network there. If it does than you might have installed some Non Microsoft application which might be preventing your netbook to detect your wifi network specifically. In such cases you can try uninstalling applications and software’s that you might have installed one by one and cross check your wifi to find out the culprit. If you don’t mind losing recent changes than you can try system restore directly.

If updating wireless adapter driver is not making any difference in your case than you can try downgrading it. You can try installing some old compatible driver and cross check if your netbook’s wifi starts working fine after that. Other than this just to eliminate possible cause of this issue, I will suggest you to upgrade your routers firmware and reset its setting. Just make sure that you are resetting it after upgrading as recommended.

God knows what the issue all about was but I have finally fixed it by doing a system restore. Will reinstall my software’s and application and will let you all know if I find this issue to be because of any specific one.

i would like to know as well

Quote Originally Posted by snacdaws View Post
    i would like to know as well
    I think that the problem is caused by the power management setting in the wireless network adapter. Actually, the wireless card has its own power management settingst hat could be independant from Windows Power Management. So, to solve this issue, go to Start >> Control Panel >> System. After that try to choose the hardware tab and click the Device Adapter. Now right click and select properties and then select the advanced tab and then select power save mode and turn it to off.

hmmmmmmm odd

will do

Didn't work

funny thing tho

mine was a wired network issue

still not sure what caused it but...
    i got a wireless router and now things work fine

even tho i botched my netbook with a linux 10 install
    i plan to fix it
    i have found a way to do it so i am going to try it

Hi snacdaws,

Was the wired network previously working properly before going to wifi solution? I think that if it was working, then due a Windows Update, the driver might have been broken and in that case you could have tried to do a system restore to a date prior to the updates.

no it was a new computer alltogether also i had a friend that was not able to connect for days after i returned home

the comps that were already on the net were fine

i was beginning to think that my modem that i am using at the time had reached it's limit's for comps on a network and wouldn't allow more comps on the net without a new router

so i got a new router and it works fine now

P.S i still use same modem!!

i had just bought a new router and it has worked fine ever since

YAY no more issues here