Thread: Nexus 7 doesnt connect to wifi network

Nexus 7 doesnt connect to wifi network

I have bought Nexus 7 yesterday and today when I tried connecting it to my home wifi network, it said "authenticating" than it said "network saved" and again it jumped to "authenticating". It keeps doing the same thing in a loop and doesn’t get’s connected to wifi network at all. Have I picked up a faulty piece?? What do you guys think? What might be causing this issue??

Re: Nexus 7 doesnt connect to wifi network

Have you tried testing your wifi connection first? I guess there might be something wrong with that and not your tablet. You can try rebooting your router and check out if your tablet gets connected to wifi after that.

I have tried rebooting my router couple of times but that’s not making any difference, my tablet keeps on saying same things. I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with my wifi network as my brother’s daughter has Micromax funbook and it gets connected to wifi without any issue. She can surf, stream without any interruption, there’s something wrong with my tablet but I am not able to make out what. I have tried restarting the tablet many times but no avail. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can try out further.

You can try restoring your tablet to factory setting once to check out if it works fine after that. If not then I will suggest you to get it checked form the place you bought or visit nearest service center directly. You can refer to below steps for restoring your tablet to factory settings.
    • Go to Settings > Backup & reset > Tap on Factory data reset > Tap on Reset tablet
    • If you have set up password for your tablet than enter it and tap “Erase everything”
    • Once your phone gets reset, it might restart and you can test its wifi there after.

You can try out what shetty has mentioned above but if that doesn’t help than you can try updating your routers firmware and resetting it. It might not make any difference as your other devices connected to wifi network are working fine already but it would be worth a try. I would surely give it a try to end possible causes of this issue rather than simply visiting the service center, best of luck.

Restoring Nexus 7 to factory setting dint made any difference

Updating routers firmware and resetting it dint helped as well

What are my options now???? :help

What is the version of your current operating system??? If it is jellybean 4.1.1 than upgrade it to 4.1.2 and see if your Nexus 7 gets connected to wifi or not.
    While I was checking out for your issue I came across people who have mentioned that this was a common issue in jellybean 4.1.1 and it has been fixed with 4.1.2 and higher updated.

My Nexus 7 was running jellybean 4.1.1 but now after your post ive updated it to 4.1.2 and I don’t see any difference. Same issue still exisit, I think I should better get my tablet checked. I am tired of trying out solutions by now.