Thread: DIR-655 doesn’t support DD-WRT

DIR-655 doesn’t support DD-WRT

I recently brought the D-Link DIR-655 router for my home PC. After I connected it to my PC, I started to configure this router. But even after configuring properly and setting it properly, it didn’t start the internet. I checked the packing and the seal, nothing was broken. Also the router is under warranty. What do you think, should I get it exchanged for a better working router or is it proper and my computer is not able to connect to it. I use Red Hat Linux as operating system; can someone help me with it?

Re: DIR-655 doesn’t support DD-WRT

I think that D-Link DIR-655 is the best router available in market. It has one of the best menus and controlling options available. As you are mentioning that you are using this router on a PC with Red Hat Linux as its operating system, I think that the configuration you are trying to use in this router must be different than what it should be. You should contact the developers or the technical support of D-Link DIR-655 to get proper information on this issue. Since there are so many versions of Linux available, it would be really helpful to get support from the professionals.

Actually D-Link DIR-655 router has a DD-WRT firmware in it which is installed in the computer when this router is attached. The problem is that many versions of Linux don’t support this firmware and maybe the version of Red Hat Linux also faces the same problem. So this means that your D-Link DIR-655 router won’t work in your PC and you will need to exchange it in place of another compatible router. Even if you make this router work in your computer, it will underperform and not work to its fullest. So best option right now is to get another router in place of D-Link DIR-655 router.

I suggest you to try out the D-Link DI-614 router in your PC with Red Hat Linux. We have Red hat Linux installed in our college’s computer laboratory and they are connected using the D-Link DI-614 routers. They work properly with this operating system without any problem. I think this will be the best router for you. You can get D-Link DI-614 in place of D-Link DIR-655 if your vendor agrees to it. But next time you buy any router, be sure that you research about it before buying.