Thread: Unable to enable protection module in Malwarebytes 1.65

Unable to enable protection module in Malwarebytes 1.65

I have been using Malwarebytes for a long time now and yesterday it prompted me to upgrade the anti-malware. I upgraded the anti-malware in my computer and the restarted my computer as suggested by Malwarebytes. But after restart, the option for enabling the protection module of Malwarebytes disappeared from the quick launch bar of the operating system. Can anybody tell me how to get it back?

Re: Unable to enable protection module in Malwarebytes 1.65

I don’t know what the problem can be in case of Malwarebytes where the protection module disappears from the quick launch bar. But I think that this problem is related to the conflict between the anti-malware and the anti-virus that is being installed in the computer. When you upgraded the Malwarebytes with the newer version of it, the installation must have conflicted with the working of the anti-virus that you must have installed in your computer. You must have installed the new upgrade for Malwarebytes with anti-virus in your computer disabled. I think this will help getting the things right in case of this anti-malware.

I think that this problem of missing protection module in the computer is caused because of the mismatching User ID and serial key in your computer. I think this is a bug in the new update of Malwarebytes that causes this problem. I edited a registry key in my computer and the things started working fine. Here are the keys that you need to edit,
    32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Here you have to change the entries of the User ID and the serial key. You do not have to copy paste the User ID and the serial key, but you will need to manually type it to get the best results.

Another way of getting the protection module back in the quick launch bar is by reinstalling Malwarebytes. You will need to uninstall each and every component of this anti-malware so that there is no single trace of it remains in the computer. Once done, you will have to disable the antivirus that you are using. Now again re-install the Malwarebytes and then upgrade it. With anti-virus disabled, it will get open field to upgrade and modify any file it wants to. Thus you will get the protection module back with the upgraded version.