Thread: Malwarebytes anti-malware not recognized by Windows Vista Security Center

Malwarebytes anti-malware not recognized by Windows Vista Security Center

I have a friend whose computer recently started going very slow. So I checked his computer to see that his computer was filled with malware and viruses. He had installed Malwarebytes anti-malware in Windows Vista Even after enabling the monitoring was enabled, the Malwarebytes anti-malware failed to recognize any malware or virus in computer. Sometimes I would get a notification that some conflict between firewall of Malwarebytes anti-malware and Windows Vista Security Center has occurred. Can someone tell me what this problem can be?

Re: Malwarebytes anti-malware not recognized by Windows Vista Security Center

I don’t know what the problem is but my closest guess is that there must have been something wrong when installing the Malwarebytes anti-malware. Maybe you have not clicked on some option or enabled some feature. Due to this default firewall of the Windows Vista Security Center has not been disabled and this is why it is conflicting with the working of Malwarebytes anti-malware. I suggest you to uninstall MBAM and then again install it in your computer. Now during this second installation, pay proper attention on every setting that you are enabling or disabling.

I don’t think that Malwarebytes anti-malware will ever let the malwares to enter a computer. It may not be advanced as the McAfee or Norton anti-virus software but when it comes to detecting the malwares and blocking them, I think that MBAM is one of the best available. I think that it is the virus that has been affecting the working of your friend’s computer. I suggest that you un-install Malwarebytes anti-malware for now and install a good anti-virus. Then clean all the viruses before you put Malwarebytes anti-malware back.

Malwarebytes anti-malware is one such anti-virus that will only stop the malware from attacking your computer and stop their activities if present in your computer. But you cannot expect it to clean every file present in your computer. One good thing about Malwarebytes anti-malware is that it allows another anti-virus software to run simultaneously on computer along with it. So my suggestion is that you ask your friend to install some good anti-virus in his computer for good protection.