Thread: Intel 82579V NIC won’t work at Gigabyte connection

Intel 82579V NIC won’t work at Gigabyte connection

I have a Gigabyte motherboard in my computer. Whenever I connect it to the Intel 82579V Ethernet port using an Intel NIC, I get low speed of internet. But when I use Atheros NIC at the same place, the speed of my internet goes up again. Can anyone tell me what the problem can be? Also I am confused if the problem is with the cable, Ethernet port, modem or some other problem?

Re: Intel 82579V NIC won’t work at Gigabyte connection

I don’t think that the problem is with the operating system or any other software that needs the Ethernet connection. This problem completely seems like hardware based and according to me the problem lies in the cable itself. If the Intel NIC can’t give you enough bandwidth then it is obvious that it might not be compatible with the Ethernet port you are using.

You must get a different NIC, something similar to Atheros NIC that you have mentioned to get full compatibility.

Re: Intel 82579V NIC won’t work at Gigabyte connection

I think that either the drivers for the modem or the Ethernet port needs to be updated. I think that it must be the drivers of the Ethernet port needs to be updated. The new drivers must be able to provide support for Intel NIC. If the Ethernet port doesn’t work properly with Intel NIC even after updating the drivers, then you can send request to the developers to bring out some patch or update for it. But I suggest that instead of wasting time in all this, keep using the Atheros NIC.