Thread: Options for Online printing through mobile and laptop

Options for Online printing through mobile and laptop

What are the options available for online printing. I have a printer at my office. Now in branched we do not need printers but there are some documents that we have to share. If we print that in branches then we have to courier them or simply carry it to the office.

I found that there is a option by which you can put the printer online and simply print it. This would be better as we can directly send the print to shared printer and documents reaches to the right place.

re: Options for Online printing through mobile and laptop

You can do that by using PrinterShare. This is a cross platform tool which works on any platform. It does not matter if you are on Windows or Mac. You just need to create a online account and configure the printer on it. The service is free which allows you to share the printer. If the PrintShare software is not working then the printer will not be accessible. So this is somewhat secure also.

Re: Options for Online printing through mobile and laptop

I am using PrintShare. This is nice service. I was looking for a way to find online print support. I am sales person so I keep moving from place to place. I have a laptop. I need to send PO to my office. It saves quiet a long time. What you need do is go on the online site of PrintShare and create a account. In PrintShare you can choose the login access and your email will be used as verification. The setup is very easy and there is no need to worry about the drivers. But account is must. PrintShare offer you a encrypted service through which your documents are not looked.

The documents which are send for printing are encrypted. They are transferred through PrintShare servers. The interface is very simply and due to web based support you can run a print from anywhere you want. You can setup the tool to start with windows which works silently in the system tray. You just need to hook the printer on the system which you are usually using for printing. This allows you to create a virtual printer. You can also configure the printer behind a firewall for more security. I found it very interesting. I hope to get a app for this on smartphones so that we can instantly print our emails through it. Remember that you need to provided this app under the exception list of firewall or else it will not work.

Why don't you go for remote connection setup. This is secure and best. All you need is to keep a pc with remote connection setup. There are number of secure options available. Here you can login to your computer and access the printer directly.

Did you heard about Google Cloud Print. To use this service you just need a printer configured to your system and your gmail id. Google Cloud Print offers you a online service where you can print from anywhere. The best part of using this application is that it has apps that come for phones, tablets, pc etc. You just need internet connection for the same. Google Cloud print supports a large number of printer models. It comes with Cloud Ready Printer. The setup and connection on the same is much more easier.

And above it is quiet secure also. Due to common web support this thing support every kind of app that you use. You can print from anywhere you want. Also with a common link you can share the virtual printer with anyone you want. Google docs support a large number of documents. They work quiet nicely.I had find this options as one of the most easiest one.