Thread: How to install Micromax MMX 400R MiFi Router

How to install Micromax MMX 400R MiFi Router

Two days ago i ordered a Micromax MMX 400R MiFi Router so that i can use it at my home as well as at my office. I'll probably get it delivered by tomorrow but the problem is there was no instructions given about it installation process on Official sites, also am very very weak in networking process.

So, could you guys please let me know step by step process for installing this MiFi Router.

Re: How to install Micromax MMX 400R MiFi Router

Installation process for MMX 400R MiFi Router is very simple. Just go through below mentioned few steps:

• First of all make sure you have any activated 3G/3G sim card and a minimum 2GB MicroSD Card.
    • Insert both these in the MMX 400R Router.
    • Turn on WiFi on the device.
    • Now scan WiFi from any of your WiFi enable mobile or tablet. You will get the signal from this router, connect it.
    • Open browser on your mobile or Tablet, and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
    • Now do your settings from this page as we do for all routers on PC browser.

Thats it, your MMX 400R MiFi Router is now ready to use.

Re: How to install Micromax MMX 400R MiFi Router

Quote Originally Posted by Ogan View Post
    the problem is there was no instructions given about it installation process on Official sites, also am very very weak in networking process.

So, could you guys please let me know step by step process for installing this MiFi Router.
    Well, the steps given above are accurate, you can set up your MiFi modem with the same. But other than that, there are few more things i would like to tell you about this portable router such as you will need to tap twice on the power key to make it reconnect to the network. In order to turn it off, you will need press and hold the power key for about 4 to 5 seconds.

In order to turn on WiFi, just tap the wifi once. If you press and hold it for more than 4 seconds (like the power key above) it will establish a wps connection that is actually used for Blackberry smartphones.