Thread: What are the common problem in using more than one antivirus

What are the common problem in using more than one antivirus

It can be a mere thought that you can install more than one Antivirus in your system, the more secure your computer is. But there is always a issue and till yet there are no antivirus that can work with each other. I use Norton but above that I cannot install any other. I want to know what is the issue behind that. Why two or more different types of antivirus cannot work in single pc.

Re: What are the common problem in using more than one antivirus

This can be due to number of issue. I think antivirus do not like each other. I tried to install Norton over AVG, and it did not worked at all. I though adding up multiple antivirus will surely guard my system more properly. But they do not work.

This are software level conflict. You cannot use them on any condition. Still many people do not know why this happen. First of it is not a good idea to install more than one different type of antivirus. Even if some works they would eat a good amount of system resources. Second this Antivirus works in real-time so the other antivirus can create a conflict between operation which will entirely disable your protection and services.

If you still want to use then you have to find a antivirus that can offer you option by which you can scan when needed. But to look for that feature needs a lot more research which is a good waste of time. It is better recommended that you stick with a single antivirus protection and that too a valid license copy. If you are not willing to buy then you can try some free antivirus kit which a number of features that you can go for. Still I had not found any antivirus which can work with other.

It is correct. But you can use a lite antivirus like Microsoft Security Essential. If you need a additional protection then you can use this with your existing antivirus. The same work quiet fine and it is much better to use also.

There are antivirus like antimalware, antispyware, etc. You can use them. There are many famous tools that work quietly with your antivirus and provides you a powerful protection. Norton is a powerful antivirus that provides you all that you need. You do not need to worry about any limitation in that. Norton has many features also on the same.

You have to keep your system updated so that new threats can also be removed and your file are not affected. What I know is that antivirus like Panda can work. Because they scan your system through cloud support. It stores new update definition on the cloud and that is why there is no need to add any virus definition on your hard drive and there is less chance of getting corrupted. Cloud scanning will surely not interfere in your existing antivirus scan. You an give a try by downloading and configuring a trial version.

First of all it is of no use to add multiple antivirus. If you install Norton a specific amount of system ram is reserved and you can do nothing on that. If there is threat all you need to ensure that you must not click to run it. It must be quarantine immediately.

I like one thing in Norton. In Avast when you have a infection this antivirus delete the corrupt file. It does not matter if it is a word document, any exe application or any other important document. Avast just delete it. If you had not kept in proper settings a half of your data is corrupted. While Norton on the same hand detects the virus and heal the file. It does not kill your data.

I had notice this difference when I was trying to run Counter Strike. I got a very old version from torrent and there was no virus in that. Suddenly avast launched a popup and deleted czero.exe. The game was useless now. It did the same thing to some office files in a pen drive. There was a virus which creates similar type of folder inside a folder. Avast just wipe that folder out. So you must be a bit choosy when you are selecting a antivrus.

That is a different scenario. What a guy trying to do here is using different antivirus on a single pc. I had just performed a test in which I had installed Vmware. I can use two different antivirus on that at the same time and make them to scan my Windows directory. For security purpose this is a bit recommended option.

There is antivirus called a Avert. This antivirus scan your system based on multiple antivirus engine. That means it uses the virus definition of Trend Micro, Clam Win, Avira, etc. So here you get a higher number of protection. You do not need to worry about any issue that would be created if a virus destroys the definition file. I had not tested Avert but willing to do the same. Because this can offer a greater possibility of detecting threats from the system. The antivirus virus works in command mode giving a more simple and powerful interface. You will not face any type of issue using this. If you need the protection of more than 1 antivirus then install Avert in your system. This would make your job much more easier.

jockcharly Guest

Though there are some advantages by having more than one Antivirus software, disadvantages are many by this task. We may notice antivirus icon task manager that means its running in background. Both of the anti virus will run in background. When we are using one the virus-vault of the other antivirus will look like a file of viruses and even try to remove the file, THe vault is the most protected place of every A/V . So they'll start malfunctioning and may case serious problems.