Thread: Malware in Google Chrome Web Store

Malware in Google Chrome Web Store

I am using Google Chrome and I blindly add tools, themes, widgets, etc. But from last few days I found that the browser takes a bit high time to load and also it is quiet slow. My anti-virus popped out a threat. I remember that in this two weeks I had not at all installed anything. So from does the threat came from. Later on I found on some site that Google Chrome too is flooded with malware.

Re: Malware in Google Chrome Web Store

It is recommended that you must not flood your browser with apps. There are hundreds of third party apps and games which would be infected. It is not possible to track each of them and check them. This is the most common problem with number of App store that usually work online.

Yes you might have heared recently that even Mac App store was affected by fake applications. This has cause many issue to users. And above all on a free app store what more you can expect. Google Chrome Web Store is already affected by virus and this was quiet high in news. The last news that I saw was related to Facebook App. This apps has a malicious code that allow the attacker to hijack user login details and so they can manipulate your profile. Now the issue is that this apps looks same as it look with others. They are clear enough with rich features and support.

But when many are using the same the vulnerability appear. Another best example that I can give is of Google Play. This store also has thousands of pirated and infected applications. You cannot just simply use. Attackers normally uses free apps to spread malware and this is only done to hijack personal information which is a black hat way of data mining. Some of those are done for business purpose also.

This is common with everyone. Only Google Chrome Web Store is not at all affected. Do you know exactly that there are ample of free stores based on different browser. If you stay on the safer side then this kind of threats does not enter your system.

Go on Google and there you can find many news based on that. This is the reason I do not use apps on Chrome. It is a good browser but when you apps on it the browser become vulnerable to number of things. It is common that people have to provide their Gmail logins to download App. Second you can sync your mails, Facebook status and Twitter updates. This all come in composite way. But to some extent this is a risk. Because if you check properly this apps are not provided by Gmail or Facebook or Twitter official. The app they provide is secure and offer you a better protection.

For those who does not use Facebook much is not a easy, but for those have a quiet popular profile can face issue in future. Even popular social networking platform Facebook is not secured. There are tons of apps on this platform and they are too facing security concern. You might notice some random video or content updates on your wall which appears from nowhere. This are done by the fake apps.

I think Google must block those sites completely. They must not allow such third party app to perform well on app store which compromise peoples security. To some extent this is not at all complicated I think.

The major issue lies with this app. A user enters its login information on this own. He/She is not forced to do that. And if this apps are fake or infected then they spread easily into your system. Then you can face tons of spams in your email. I do not think there is a way to stop that. Google does not seems to upgrade the version of Chrome making it yet more powerful. And most commonly you can face this kind of issue on Windows. While Mac and Linux platform lies on the safer side. I am using Chrome in my system.

I am not at all worried about the malware or trojan. But also I do not provide my login credentials to some third party apps. This can risk my personal information on web. Malware has taken different form today. They are advance and much easier to spread. The attackers tries to capture your login info, password, and other credentials. So it is recommended that you must not blindly just keep on adding apps to the web browser. This is applicable for Opera and Firefox also. That reason I can see minimum apps for Internet Explorer.

I hope there would be some kind of antivirus for such app store also. A server level security that can block this apps from making any flaw connection. This can easily add virus in your system as we are giving them our login information on our own.

Threats are quiet smarter today. They can enter your system even if you are not aware. It is always recommended that you must keep your antivirus upto date. Second thing you must change your login information at a regular interval. Malware can easily hijack your account and you can face issue. You must keep secure from your end. Avoid using such apps which ask your login info.