Thread: Belkin N-F5D8233-4v3 router drops connection

Belkin N-F5D8233-4v3 router drops connection

I have been facing a weird issue with my Belkin N-F5D8233-4v3 router, I don’t know why it is dropping wifi connection every now and then. I am not having any issue with the wired connection but it is just with wireless, whenever I am trying to connect my laptop to my home network it gets connected well but it doesn’t stays stable. I have tried rebooting my router but that’s not making any difference, can there be any issue with my router itself?

Re: Belkin N-F5D8233-4v3 router drops connection

It’s hard to guess like that but you can try out some troubleshooting to narrow down the cause of the issue. You can try updating the firmware of the router and resetting its configuration. If that doesn’t help then you can try updating the wireless network adapter of your laptop and check out if that’s making any difference. You should also try also try to make sure that there is no other device between your router and laptop that can interfere with your wireless connection. Just check out these things and let me know if you are getting help from any of the solution that I have suggested.

I have tried updating the firmware of the router and I have reset its configuration setting as well, I have tried restoring the router to factory setting and have tried updating the driver of the wireless network adapter of my laptop. Doing this things are not making any difference in my case, I have tried them out several times. I don’t think there is anything wrong with my home network as I have tried connecting my other laptop to it and it is working fine. It seems as if there is something wrong with my laptops wireless network adapter but I am not sure about the same. is there anything I can try out further to fix this issue??

I guess there is some issue with your wireless network card of your router, anyways I wanted to know if you have tried making a fresh installation of the network adapter driver. If not then try out the same and see if you are getting any help form that. Try using revo uninstaller or the one you desire for uninstalling the driver first and install the latest one after that. You can get the latest driver for your network adapter driver from its official site. I also wanted to add that I have come across some people who had mentioned that they were running in to similar issue after installing some security programs. So if you have installed any application or software recently then you can try out uninstalling them as well, there are possibilities that they might be blocking or interfering with your wireless connection. Let me know what response you get after trying out these solutions.

So now I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling network adapter driver but no avail, I have installed the latest network adapter driver from its official site. I don’t think there could be an issue with the program that I might have installed recently but to be at the safer side I have tried uninstalling some of them but the issue is still the same. Some have suggested me to take out the wireless card and test it in other laptop but I am not willing to do the same as I don’t want to damage it in anyways. I will be getting my laptop checked tomorrow and will find out what’s the issue all about.