Thread: At every start up, Spybot S&D will start scanning automatically

At every start up, Spybot S&D will start scanning automatically

I have installed Spybot S&D and its installation went fine and I did not had any issues with it. Today I have found that at every start up, Spybot S&D will start scanning automatically. I don’t want it to do so and I am willing to start the scan when needed. I don’t have much idea about Spybot as I am using it for the first time. Is there anyone who has an idea about this and can help me out fixing it??

Re: At every start up, Spybot S&D will start scanning automatically

I think that you might have automated your Spybot, to fix the same Open Spybot in advanced mode and go to tools >System Startup. Now check out for C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck entry and remove it. When you are done with this change then restart your system and see if that’s helping.

You can very well try out the solution that has been mentioned above but if that’s not helping then you can try out the below steps:
    1. First download a new SpybotSD.exe file from here.
    2. Then download new advcheck.dll from here.
    3. Now after having these two files move them to your program installation folder and replace the old ones.

After you have tried the above things, you can let us know whether it worked for you or not.

I went in to tools >System Startup and removed C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck entry but that’s not appearing to be making difference. Further I have tried downloading SpybotSD.exe and advcheck.dll and have replaced the old ones as well but the issue is still the same. Every time I reboot Spybot S&D will start scanning automatically, I have selected No automation" but I don’t think that’s taking effect. I think there is something wrong with the Spybot S&D program, so should I simply remove it or there is some workaround that I can try further?? Help regarding this issue will be appreciated.

There are possibilities that the program might have installed some corrupted updates because of which automation option is getting triggered. Since the above solutions have not made any difference in your case I will suggest you to completely uninstall Spybot S&D from control panel. Make sure that you are removing all the instance of the files related to the program in your system before making a new installation. If there is some issue going on with Spybot S&D program then a clean installation of the same should help you out. After reinstalling Spybot just check mark “No automation” and leave other options unchecked in System Start, best of luck.

I think you were right, the issue had started after installing weekly update. The issue got solved after making a clean un-installation and fresh installation of Spybot S&D. Anyways I wanted to know if it is recommended to install updates as these updates are causing the issue? I don’t know why but I feel it will do the same after installing the updates? Is there anything I can do about it?? Currently I have installed the latest version of Spybot S&D and things are appearing to be fine. What can I do if same thing happens after installing update for the latest version of Spybot S&D as well?