Thread: browser redirecting to search.snap.do/feed.helpbar.com even after running spybot

browser redirecting to search.snap.do/feed.helpbar.com even after running spybot

Am using Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7 system. Recently installed Spybot due to some reasons. Everything was working fine but since 2 days dont know what went wrong with my browsers. Whenever i launch my IE8, it redirects me directly to "snap.do/feed.helpbar.com" as mentioned in the title. Usually i keep www.google.com as my homepage or sometimes i keep it blank. But now no matter it is google or blank, browser redirects me to the above mentioned page and i find "Server not found" on that page. Can you guys help me out ?

Re: browser redirecting to search.snap.do/feed.helpbar.com even after running spybot

Don’t know why Spybot is not taking actions on your system. Did you scanned your system with other antivirus program installed on your computer ? If not, please do it. It can happen due to spyware or other malicious software installed on your computer.

I too using Spybot but never faced any such problem. First of all update your antivirus (whichever installed on your pc other than spybot) and do a full scan. If any threats found, kill them, restart the system and try to launch the browser. See if you get the same thing again.

Re: browser redirecting to search.snap.do/feed.helpbar.com even after running spybot

Thanks for the quick reply and attempt Kadmiel. But unfortunately that dint worked for me. Am using Microsoft Security essentials. As you said I updated it and scanned. It says that my PC is protected and no threads found. I restart the system but still my browser is redirecting me to the same webpage. What else can I try to fix it? Do i try re-installing the browser? Please help?

Alrite, lets try changing the homepage right form the spybot menu. Start by going into the Spybot advanced menu. now the left side click on Tools than click on Browser pages. Here search for "snap.do" (as this is where your browser is redirecting you). Once you find it, mark it and click on Change. Now in order to get rid of it, simply change it to Google.com (as you said you keep this page as your homepage.) Now go back to tools and click on IE Tweaks. if you see that the boxes for Lock IE is marked, unmark them and restart your system. Thats it. It should work.