Thread: Babylon Toolbar comes back even after removing it via Spybot

Babylon Toolbar comes back even after removing it via Spybot

Today after updating Spybot when I ran a scan then Babylon Toolbar was reported as a threat. I have tried running the scan and it appeared as if Spybot had removed it but it is appearing again after running scan. I don’t know from where this Babylon Toolbar entered my system. I have opened my browsers and I don’t know how to delete it from there. Is there anything I can do for getting rid of it??? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Babylon Toolbar comes back even after removing it via Spybot

This has been a common issue going on, anyways I have found a solution for it on Spybot site. You can give it a try and see if you are able to get rid of it.

First Make sure that you have check marked “show hidden files and folders” in view setting of the explorer and delete the below files:

Files from temp folder: BabylonToolbar4ffx.exe,BabylonToolbar4ie.exe,babffocr.zpb,BabyFox.dll,Babylon.xpi,BabylonNoTB.xpi,Ba bylonTB.xpi,BContentServerLite.dll,fftcadptr.zpb,fftcadptr.zpb,Babylon.dat,BabyServices.dll,BExcepti on.dll,sqlite3.dll,Setup.exe,Setup-client-9.0.3.12.zpb,SetupStrings.dat,Setup-tbmntr903-9.0.3.12.zpb,Setup-tc-9.0.3.12.zpb,Welcome.html

babylon.xml from Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins
    user.js from SYSDRIVE

Now delete the directory at "<$APPDATA>\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\anibwtkr.default\extensions\ffxtlbr@babylon.com", directory at "<$LOCALSETTINGS>\Temp\BabylonToolbar", directory at "<$LOCALSETTINGS>\Temp\F889A9FE-BAB0-7891-8185-BCE16E5862A3", directory at "<$PROGRAMFILES>\BabylonToolbar".

Once you are done deleting the above files and folders use regedit.exe and delete registry key "{35C1605E-438B-4D64-AAB1-8885F097A9B1}" at "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\", registry key "{8375D9C8-634F-4ECB-8CF5-C7416BA5D542}" at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\"., registry value "DisplayName" at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0ECDF796-C2DC-4d79-A620-CCE0C0A66CC9}\"., registry value "URL" at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0ECDF796-C2DC-4d79-A620-CCE0C0A66CC9}\".

After all this you should be able to get rid of Babylon Toolbar.

You can try out the below steps for uninstalling Babylon and Babylon toolbar:
    • First click on Start button >Control Panel > Programs >Uninstall a program> check out for Babylon in the list and uninstall it.
    • Now open your browser add-on manager > Select Toolbars and Extensions and disable Babylon related things like Babylon toolbar, Babylon toolbar helper, Babylon IE plugin, babylonToolbar.com
    • Run a thorough scan using Spybot or some other recommended antivirus

Just give it a try and let me know if the issue is getting solved.

did u try to remove it manually? do a manual remove by deleting its components that might be lurking in your pc,