Thread: Getting "Trojan Horse Blocked' / 'Malicious URL" popup using avast antivirus

Getting "Trojan Horse Blocked' / 'Malicious URL" popup using avast antivirus

I have installed Avast Free Antivirus in my system running on windows 7 after my friends recommendation. I did not had any issue with the installation of it but since running scan I have started getting repeated 'Trojan Horse Blocked' / 'Malicious URL' alerts when I am checking out my friends profile at facebook. I am not getting any alerts when I am removing Avast Free Antivirus, so it seems there is something wrong with the avast antivirus. Anyways I just wanted to know if there is a way to sort of this issue ??

Re: Getting "Trojan Horse Blocked' / 'Malicious URL" popup using avast antivirus

I think that the Avast Free Antivirus is not working properly in your case better get a paid version of avast antivirus. As far as I am aware free versions are not recommended but they are just for testing. Once you get the paid version then use avast uninstaller utility for uninstalling Avast Free Antivirus completely and then install paid version of avast antivirus. I have been using the same and I have not yet faced any issues like that. You system seem to have been affected by Trojan so get rid of the as soon as possible else your system will run in to serious issues further.

Re: Getting "Trojan Horse Blocked' / 'Malicious URL" popup using avast antivirus

I really don’t think that Avast Free Antivirus is not capable of fighting Trojans and so. Both free and paid versions should work well, currently I am using paid version of avast but I have used Avast Free Antivirus as well and never had any issues like this. As far as I can guess your friends profile might have been affected due to malicious uploads of photos and videos. I just wanted to know if you are facing this issue while visiting some specific profiles or all of them. If it is with some specific ones then I don’t think that there might be anything that you can do from your end rather than reporting the same to facebook.

You can try out repairing your system by following the below steps:
    • Before starting the process better Disable any 3rd party firewall, antivirus and security program that you might be having and log on to an administrator account. Now insert Windows 7 installation DVD and Run setup.exe, if you are prompted by UAC then just click on yes and click on Install Now button.
    • When you get another prompt then just uncheck “I want to help make Windows installation better” box and then click on “Go online to get the latest updates for installation” option.
    • After that the process will get started, in between you will have to Check “I accept the license terms” box and proceed clicking on Upgrade option.
    • If there might be any compatibility issues then it will solve the same and the repairing proves will begin. Mean while the screen may flash and computer will restart a couple of times. After the final restart you will have to enter Windows 7 product key number and Uncheck “Automatically activate Windows when I'm online” box and click on next, click on “Use recommended settings”, set time and date and proceed with the further prompts.

When you are done then you can reinstall Avast Free Antivirus and check out if the issue has been solved or not. Best of luck.

I think you were right, I have ran a complete scan running Avast Free Antivirus and not even a single malware or virus has been detected in my system. The alert comes up when I am visiting some of my friends profile and not all of them. To confirm the same I have tried using other system after installing Avast Free Antivirus there and I got the same alert there as well. So now I am sure that there is some issue with their profile and not mine. Anyways I wanted to know can they do anything from their end ??

If this issue has started recently then they can remove their recent uploads from their end. I don’t think anyone will do that and will say that there might be some issue from your end. If they agree then well and good and if they don’t then you will have to stop visiting their profile, that’s all I can say. I will try to verify this issue with some of my techsavy friends in my contact and will let you know if there is any other solution that you will be able to try out from their end. Till then if you want to get rid of the alert then either uninstall Avast Free Antivirus or try out some other antivirus and see if it is reporting the same or not.

I don’t agree upon what you have mentioned, I don’t think that there might be something wrong with user profiles. The issue is with the Avast Free Antivirus? If possible better try out some other antivirus and run a complete scan of your system. You can try using any of the below ones:
    • Microsoft Security Essentials
    • Panda Cloud Antivirus
    • Avira AntiVir Personal Edition
    • AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition

I will recommend you to use Microsoft Security Essentials best of luck.

You can try using the below ones as well these are the best antivirus for removing Trojan Viruses:
    • Emsisoft Anti-Malware
    • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • PC Tools' ThreatFire
    • SUPERAntiSpyware