Thread: System mechanic won’t load and gives error "invalid floating point operation"

System mechanic won’t load and gives error "invalid floating point operation"

The problem started suddenly from last two days without my knowledge. Let me tell you that I already had System Mechanic installed in my Windows 7 machine from past 6 month and until last two days it was working well and fine without any issue. But suddenly day before yesterday when I tried to run System Mechanic I ended up getting an error saying “invalid floating point operation”. After getting this error even if I skip it the program won’t load at all. When checked on internet found that there are several other people who are facing the same trouble with their system mechanic program. The most interesting thing I have noticed is that, in most of the cases the user also have Avast antivirus program running in their system. Guess what? Even I am having avast software installed into my windows system. Anyone who can explain me the logic behind this problem? Also if possible just help me out with an appropriate suggestion.

Re: System mechanic won’t load and gives error "invalid floating point operation"

I am one amongst you my friends. I do have system Mechanic and Avast antivirus both installed and running into my computer system but the same problem. While loading my system mechanic is showing me the same above mentioned problem. I suggested several people; most of them told me that such problem occurs due to the improper installation of the software. Therefore they suggested me to uninstall and the again reinstall the program. After I uninstalled System Mechanic and then reinstalled it nothing changed, everything was the same with the same error message. Then I was told that Avast could be the problem so this time I uninstalled Avast and then reinstalled it again but however every time I end up with the same result of failure. There are still more experiments for me to perform. Planning to completely remove Avast and system mechanic and then only install System mechanic. If it will work then I will surely install Avast too.

Re: System mechanic won’t load and gives error "invalid floating point operation"

Uninstalling just Avast antivirus is fine. There is no requirement of removing System mechanic from the computer. You will run smooth enough. I have already tried it and it worked for me well. Exactly like you even I tried several R&Ds and ultimately ended up with only removing Avast and keeping rest everything as it is. If in case you aren’t able to get the problem resolved by simply removing Avast then along with the Avast removal uninstall System mechanic simultaneously and then install only the one which you need. I am sure the problem will be resolved.

The problem is too common and as you noticed, Avast is actually playing a huge role in this issue. Whoever having System Mechanic software in their computer and getting the above mentioned error must also be having avast running in the same machine. Let me tell you that the problem is caused due to the Avast antivirus software. I too had the same issue. When I contacted Iolo the first thing they told me was to remove Avast completely from my computer if I prefer System Mechanic. They say that either of the two programs can stay in my computer. So therefore, I remove Avast. They also recommended me to download and install any other antivirus in place of Avast. There is some compatibility issue with Avast and System Mechanic.