Thread: Linksys LNE100TX Windows 7 64 bit driver download

Linksys LNE100TX Windows 7 64 bit driver download

I have a very old Linksys LNE100TX which was given to me by my friend. Now that I have a pc with a Windows 7 64 bit OS, I was wondering if there is any driver available for it. I have found out many xp os drivers for same but there is no where i can find its win 7 64 driver. I even tried to install the driver in compatability mode but the installation gives an error, so it is not working either. Is there anyway to get the driver for this card or my only choice is to install windows xp and then use this LNE100TX on it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Linksys LNE100TX Windows 7 64 bit driver download

Even I was facing similar difficulties installing this LNE100TX pci Ethernet card on my windows vista 64 bit version. As you might already know, I was frustrated to see that there was no 64 bit version of the driver in the cd/dvd that is given with it and even on internet I was not able to find it. So before returning it to the shop I thought why not try some other ethernet drivers that might be compatible with it and also with the operating system. So after digging up for some solution I came across one, where it was mentioned that drivers of Netgear GA311 which is based on a similar LNE100TX hardware will work and so I installed its driver and it worked for me atleast. So if anyone who wants can also test with this driver and see if it supports your OS, download it from here.

Even I was able to find a modded version of the driver that you can try out and see if it works, download it from the below attachment. You wont find any .exe file inside but to install the same driver you will first have to go to device manager and in there expand the network adaptors, then you will see a yellow exclamation mark or either a message next to the device like "undentified" or something. Just unzip the file that you have downloaded from the below attachment and then right click on the ified network card in the device manger and click update driver, you will get 2 options, simply choose browse and then choose the file that you have unzipped on your computer and install it, if eveything is done properly, then the "unidentified" device message on the device manage will not appear and that means that you have sucessfully install the driver for the ethernet card, it will work for Windows 7 64 bit OS well, so you need not have to worry if you want to install it in vista as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I read somewhere on the official page of microsoft and cisco both, that Linksys LNE100TX card doesnt support Windows 7 or Windows Vista 64 bit. Since this card is pretty old, they want users to let go this card and purchase new cards which might be quite costly. I know that the above posted solution would work in Vista 64 bit or Windows XP 64 bit, but i doubt that it will work with Windows 7 64 bit, although i still have to test it on my windows 7 system, but can anyone confirm whether this thing works properly or is very buggy and isnt supported at all?

sad Re: Linksys LNE100TX Windows 7 64 bit driver download

Quote Originally Posted by Snake08 View Post
    Even I was able to find a modded version of the driver that you can try out and see if it works, download it from the below attachment. You wont find any .exe file inside but to install the same driver you will first have to go to device manager and in there expand the network adaptors, then you will see a yellow exclamation mark or either a message next to the device like "undentified" or something. Just unzip the file that you have downloaded from the below attachment and then right click on the ified network card in the device manger and click update driver, you will get 2 options, simply choose browse and then choose the file that you have unzipped on your computer and install it, if eveything is done properly, then the "unidentified" device message on the device manage will not appear and that means that you have sucessfully install the driver for the ethernet card, it will work for Windows 7 64 bit OS well, so you need not have to worry if you want to install it in vista as well.

Downloaded file, unzipped, device manager browse to new folder but won't display the files in the folder. Help.

Quote Originally Posted by robp View Post
    Downloaded file, unzipped, device manager browse to new folder but won't display the files in the folder. Help.
    If you can check the Linksys community as well, then for many people the driver that is listed for Vista 64bit, is also working fine for Windows 7 64bit users, but for some of them it is not working. Try to download the software again from this link and then unzip and go to Device Manager > Network Adapter > and browse to the location where you have saved the unzipped file.