Thread: How do i know using Eset that my system is infected

How do i know using Eset that my system is infected

Hey guys, need some help from you all. I started using ESET antivirus from 2 weeks on my windows 7 laptop. Now its been 3 days i feel that my system is running bit slow but after scanning the system, ESET wont detect anything. FYI, my system remains connected to internet for about 20 hours a day, also i transfer many datas from Pendrive, external HDD, etc. I share movies and music with my friends.

I think that my laptop is infected with the viruses as it running very slow and some of the software’s which I have installed are not working. but if it is so, why is ESET not detecting anything. how do i come to know if my system is infected ? I mean, is there any symptoms for the same ? Please help.

Re: How do i know using Eset that my system is infected

As you said your system is working slower than before, few softwares are not working, etc... these are the symptoms of infection. I guess you have virus in your system. There are lots more such symptoms that you must know, such as :

Your ESET will prompt that the threat is detected OR it will get disabled for no reason. You will see red ESET threat detected appearing again and again in your task bar.Receive alerts form the ESET that unknown program is accessing the firewall. Receive multiple pop-ups which say that your computer is infected with many viruses.

If you see these symptoms in your computer then your computer is infected with the malware. I suggest you to update the antivirus and then perform the scan in the computer so that you can have a virus free computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Kick View Post
    I think that my laptop is infected with the viruses as it running very slow and some of the software’s which I have installed are not working. but if it is so, why is ESET not detecting anything.
    Did you updated your virus definition since you bought it ? I dont think so. And that is the reason why your ESET is unable to detect anything. If you find any of the things in your computer, I recommend you to update your antivirus and perform a complete system scan so that it will remove the virus from the computer.

There are many more things which you will notice when your computer is infected with virus. Here are the things which you will notice:
    • The computer start running slow than usually it works
    • The computer freezes, hangs or is unresponsive when you are doing some thing
    • Some new icons in the desktop which you haven’t seen before
    • Restart of the computer itself without any reason.
    • Unusual messages or errors which say that the files are corrupted.
    • Not able to access the control panel, task manager, registry editor or command prompt.

Your slow computer can be also caused by other problems.
    Such as disk errors, too many automatically start programs, or virus infection.

Since you have scanned with ESET without any indication. Maybe you can try to optimize your computer. How do you think? You can take an system optimization tool to speed up your PC.