Thread: Linksys WAG320N 'Connection timeout' error on Macbook Pro

Linksys WAG320N 'Connection timeout' error on Macbook Pro

I have been using a Macbook Pro and I am having Linksys WAG320N router, I never had any issues with it previously but now my Macbook Pro is not able to connect to the network and says 'Connection timeout' every time. I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly. I have tried doing a hard reset and have also re-configured the settings using the installation CD but it did not helped. Is there anything else that I can try out to get my Macbook Pro Connected to the network??

Re: Linksys WAG320N 'Connection timeout' error on Macbook Pro

In that case I just wanted to know that have you crossed check the network issue with other device?? If not then try out the same and let me know what you find so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing. If you are getting the same response from other devices as well then you will have to trouble shoot the connection. Since you have mentioned that you have tried doing a hard reset and reconfiguring the settings. I will suggest you to try rebooting your laptop as well as the router and see if it is able to connect to the network properly or not. If that does not help then try using Ethernet cables and see if that is working. You can also try updating the firmware of the router to see if you are having any luck with it. If these things do not make any difference in your case then there might be something wrong with the router.

Yes I have tried using my htc phone and have faced the same issue, even it was not able to connect to the network. Anyways now I have tried rebooting the laptop as well as the router and I was able to connect properly. I thought that the issue was fixed but after some time it all started again and I was not able to connect and was getting 'Connection timeout' error again. I have tried using Ethernet cables and the internet is working with it. I won’t be able to try out updating the firmware as FW upgrade is not available for Linksys WAG320N. I don’t know what is wrong and I am not able to find out the cause of the issue as well. Other than this I have tried switching channels and even it did not helped. Is there anything else that I can try out or anything I need to check out?? I am just running out of ideas now so any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

I am not very sure if this will or not but you can try out doing the below thing. It has been mentioned as working by one who had similar issue with his Linksys WAG320N router.
    Just Login to your Router setup page and click on Wireless tab and then click on "Advance Wireless Settings" sub tab and make these changes.
    • Beacon Interval to 75
    • Fragmentation Threshold to 2304
    • RTS Threshold to 2304

Before I suggest you something about the same I wanted to know if you are using default settings for the router. If yes then you can try changing them,for that just go through the below steps:
    • First open Internet Explorer browser page, type 192.168.1.1 and hit enter. If you are prompted for Username and Password then Leave Username blank and enter Password as admin in small letters. Now for the wifi setting click on the Wireless tab and select manual configuration after that just enter a unique name for Wireless Network Name (SSID) box.
    • When you are done with the same then make the below changes:
      • Radio Band- Standard-20MHz
      • Standard channel- 11-2.462GHz
      • Wireless SSID broadcast – Enabled
      • After that Click on Sub tab Wireless Security which will be under Wireless and make the below changes:
      • Wireless security mode- WPA
      • Encryption- TKIP
      • Passphrase input- WPA Key (make sure that it is more than 8 characters)
    • Now click on Advanced Wireless Settings and make the below changes.
      • Beacon Interval- 50
      • Fragmentation Threshold- 2304
      • RTS Threshold- 2304