Thread: Dlink Adsl2+ issues

Dlink Adsl2+ issues

Hi guys, I seem to have a couple of strange issues with my adsl2+ 2750U.. Config to broadband seems to be fine, first problem is that I can use ping and tracert etc to find or lookup all websites, but regardless of the browser I use I can almost never connect to the internet..this page cannot be displayed etc.. The second problem is when I can occassionally access the net, I need to manually configure the dns on each system I connect wirelessly or via ethernet. Dlink and BSNL support obviously can't understand the issue and I don't seem to be able to fix it..appreciate any suggestions you all may have.. Thanks

Re: Dlink Adsl2+ issues

Can you try to change the DNS, that will be - google dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 . If that doesnt work then try to change opendns to 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222 and after that try the ping test for the web site and MTU value. By the way, if you set to obtain dns automatically, then doesnt it work either?

thanks for the reply zach,

have tried all of those DNS addresses and surprisingly the same issue. I have been using Open DNS for a while now & what actually bothers me more is having to config the open DNS on the router and also the laptops/devices i connect to the router , without which I cant connect to any site. However I can ping/tracert and nslookup all I want but no access to the webpages.

PS : Obtain DNS auto results in the same thing, The router picks up the DNS ( 218.xx.. or something like that) but again I still have to manually config it on laptops etc for me to browse the internet.

Are you using any third party firewall or antivirus software? Check if it is not blocking anything, try disabling any one of them and then access any web page. Have you also tried to reset the router, there might be a hole where a small needle can be poked to reset it. If that doesnt work, then pull out every cable from pc and then open up cmd and write ipconfig /flushdns.