Thread: Continuous Blue LED Blinking on Lacie Network Space 2 after firmware update

Continuous Blue LED Blinking on Lacie Network Space 2 after firmware update

This is what I had did. I have a network Space 2. I had updated the firmware of this system. The same did not worked after update. But I did not found any kind of error on the screen when I did this. First after running the new firmware update I tried to restored my old partitions. To ensure that all is working fine, I made some changes. Now when all is done the front blue led keeps on blinking and does not stops. I had found the procedure of flashing firmware from internet and the guy who had posted it said that this is the safest way of running updates. The led does not simply stops. Now the device turns on but there is nothing on the screen. It does not boot at all. What wrong I had did. I need help to restore this all. Thanks.

Re: Continuous Blue LED Blinking on Lacie Network Space 2 after firmware update

Check the permission settings on partition you had created. Ensure that everything is setup properly. Also check that you can access web interface or not. If not the you might have not flashed it properly or the firmware version that you are using is not compatible. Try to reflash with old firmware version.

I had done with firmware update before and did not faced that kind of issue. I had found that there are two different ways by which you can do this. It is actually necessary to run new firmware update. The reason is that some of them come with autoupdate feature. In this you do not need to follow any kind of manual process. Also Network Space 2 does not provide you any kind of button that can restore the settings as it was before. Anyhow instead of planing to re-flash the old firmware, try the new one more time. It is important that you can atleast access webshare. You have to just put the update capsule in myshare folder and done. Another option that can be used here and is recommended as most safest is using LaCie Network Assistant to run any kind of update for this devices. I always prefer to stick with automated process as there is no need to find any firmware version, to note down all the process and to worry about any issue.

That was not actually the solution I am looking for. I need help to restore my device and there are some important data on it. I cannot simply play with different firmware version here. Because if I did more research I just do not want the device to die completely.

Check the link below. The link provide you tools which are mentioned in the second answer. If you are using linux then you can download LaCie Network Assistant for Linux and run the firmware update from that. I hope that can surely fix back the system. It is simply automated process which can be run within few clicks and next time when you are going for any kind for update do not play with the firmware version. Use this automated tools only. Second thing note down properly your device status and partition information. You have to either restore them as it is, or create a new partition and assign them properly on the network that you are using.
    http://www.lacie.com/support/support...t.htm?id=10451