Thread: after NIS 2012 product update, autofix fails and couldnt repair

after NIS 2012 product update, autofix fails and couldnt repair

I am currently using windows 7 professional edition 64 bit. Recently I started facing problems and this problem is bothering me from quiet some long time. Every time I receive a product update through Live Update. If I run get support after doing the result I get there was a installation problem and the status was failed. And it always suggest me to remove or re install Norton Internet Security 2012. Below are the things I did to fix this problem But I am unable too.

1. I rnr NIS, I ran Auto fix still NO Solution.
    2. I have to RNR my nis again and again wheneever there is a new product update.
    3. Anyone can help me out?

Re: after NIS 2012 product update, autofix fails and couldnt repair

Bob,

Could you tell me which update your trying to update on your system. Even I woould like to know lil more about your machine.

1. Did the current norton product was installed on your machine by disc or download?
    2. Which security software you were using prior to use Norton? Did you uninstalled it completely ?
    3. Do you have anyother software installed in your machine security software ?
    4. Did you scanned your machine before attempting to update the norton ?
    5. Which operation system you are using with the service pack ?

Jessalyn,

I was currently updating Live update of the latest version 17. 7. 15. I have downloaded it for the first time on my machine. Piror to Norton I was using ESET NOD32 Smart Security, I have unisntalled it completely from my system. No security software and its components are left in my machine. I have iolo System Mechanic standard version installed, but NIS does say it is incompatible. I usually scan my computer very often and there is no threat. I am using windows 7 with service pack 1.

Bob,

I think there is a typo error the latest version which you are trying to install on your machine is 19.7.1.5. I would suggest you to uninstall NIS through Programs and Features first and then NRT. I don't know about the iolo System Mechanic standard version, but it performs many functions including your registry cleaning. I would suggest you to run Eset Removal tool.