Thread: After a power down restart, Linkstation Mini LS-WSGL/R1 is unusable

After a power down restart, Linkstation Mini LS-WSGL/R1 is unusable

My computer is connected with Linkstation Mini LS-WSGL/R1 via D-Link DGS-1008D. There was RAID 1 configured on my Linkstation Mini LS-WSGL/R1 but I have removed it and then created it again and after configuring the RAID on my Linkstation, I powered it ON, and started it again. This time I was getting error while mapping the share to my drive. I have tried to solve this problem by reconfiguring all the things again but I was not able to solve this problem. I am using windows XP operating system on my computer Now please let me know what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: After a power down restart, Linkstation Mini LS-WSGL/R1 is unusable

First I would like to tell you that open start menu and then click on run button. Now type CMD there and click on OK button. Now after that you have to ping your Linkstation's IP address and then check whether you get any error message or not? if you get any error then post it here.

You should also go to the LinkStations configuration page and then check whether you get any error there or not?
    Which antivirus or internet security software you are using in your computer? You should also try force firmware updating on your Linkstation Mini LS-WSGL/R1.

I am telling your this solution because I was also facing similar problem and then I have tried force firmware update and then my problem get solved. While updating the firmware on your Linkstation Mini LS-WSGL/R1 you have to make sure that you have not selected “rebuild partition table” is not selected because if you select “rebuild partition table” option then it will wipe all the data.

Here are the results for above workarounds. When I ping my Linkstation's IP address at that time I get error saying “The network path was not found”. I have opened LinkStation configuration page and I didn’t get any error there. i have find steps to perform force firmware updating procedure on internet for Linkstation Mini LS-WSGL/R1 and I have followed the steps but after doing that also problem still occurred. In my computer I am using ESET Smart Security in my computer.

Now please let me know what I should do to solve this problem?

You have mentioned that you are using ESET Smart Security in your computer and that is why I will suggest you add IP address of linkstation in trusted zone of Eset firewall and then see whether problem still occur or not? to add the IP address in to the trusted zone you have to open ESET Smart Security in your computer and then you have to open advance setting window (you can open advance setting window with “F5’ key).

Now after that you have to click on the “Personal firewall” and then click on the drop-down box of “Filtering mode”. From Drop down menu you have to choose “Automatic mode with exceptions” and then you have to expand “Personal Firewall” from left pane and then click on the “Rules and zones”. Under “Zone and rule editor” area you will see setup button and you have to click on that. Now you have to click on the Trusted Zone and then select Edit option. Now add your linkstation IP address from there and then see click on OK button. After performing these steps your problem might get solved.