Thread: Linkstation Duo LS-WXL backup fails and error (-1) on MacBook Pro via TimeMachine

Linkstation Duo LS-WXL backup fails and error (-1) on MacBook Pro via TimeMachine

I am having the Linkstation Duo LS-WXL. When I was trying to take the backup for the MacBook Pro via TimeMachine then it aborts the backup process and shows me error (-1). I have tried to do this many times but everytime it comes up with the same result. Now I cannot guess that what I should do in order to get this problem resolved. I will really appreciate if someone of you can help me to get this problem resolved. Please reply ASAP.

Re: Linkstation Duo LS-WXL backup fails and error (-1) on MacBook Pro via TimeMachine

I think that computer name within the sharing preference is modified. Is it true? If it is then the time machine is going to do the full backup when it attempts to backup the next time. This is the most possible reason for this problem. Other than this, if you have selected the "Do not back up" for some of the files from the Time Machine preferences then it will show you such error while performing backup. If this is the case then you will have to untick "Do not back up" list for the files. It can be done very easily, you will just have to select System Preferences on the apple menu. Now go to view and select Time Machine from there. Select Options and see the "Do not back up" list. If there are some files that are ticked for backup then you will just have to click on the minus mark that is in front of that file and that file will be removed from the "Do not back up" list. Once you are done with that then save the changes and start with the backup again. See if you are getting that issue again.

Re: Linkstation Duo LS-WXL backup fails and error (-1) on MacBook Pro via TimeMachine

Are you having any third party application in the backup? I am asking this because I have seen some cases where the backup process fails if it has some software other than Apple. This is the setting included from the manufacturer. This is one of the possibilities from the list of problems that you may be facing.

It looks like there might be some backup that could be corrupted. The corrupted file will not be able to backup properly. If this is the case then you can try by wiping the drive and after that start it again. Or you can use another external hard drive for backup as well. It is very important that you format the drive with Mac OS Extended Journal file system and the GUID partition scheme. If this is formatted with some other file system then you will have problems while backup.

There is also a possibility that the LinkStation firmware version that you are using is outdated. If that is true then also you might get the issues similar to this. So search for the latest firmware available and then install it. You can also go to the firmware update page for router and check if the UPNP is disabled over there or not. It is very important that you enable that service and after that select the folder. Open the network services and from there open the network tab, ensure that you have enabled the AFP out there. If not then select that and save the changes.