Thread: Fail to update Quick Heal Antivirus

Fail to update Quick Heal Antivirus

I have recently installed Quick Heal Antivirus in my system running on windows 7 64 bit. The problem that I am facing here is that when I am trying to update the same then I am getting an error message saying "Unable to complete the download due to internet connection disconnected and run quick updates to update your total security". I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the internet connection in my case and it is appearing to be working fine but I don’t know why I am getting that error message, is there anything else that I need to check out or is there any workaround that I can try out for getting rid of this error??

Re: Fail to update Quick Heal Antivirus

According to the error message there is something wrong with the internet connection in your case. Have you inspected it properly, I mean there are chances that the connection might be running out while you are trying to update the Quick Heal Antivirus. So just check out the status of the internet connection and see if it is getting lost when you are getting that error message. You should also check out if there is a slow internet connection and so. If you are quite sure that there is no issue as such then I will suggest you to get the below Activation issue Fixrun the same restart the system and then try to update Quick Heal Antivirus and see if it is making any difference. Just check these things out and then let me know if you are getting any help from them.

See if you are having issue updating the Quick Heal Antivirus using the internet then you can try updating the same being offline as well.
    • First go to quick heal site and click on the download tab and check out for the updates. Now you will get new pages, so just click on windows and check out for "Definition updates for Quick Heal" and select the version of Quick heal that you might be having and click on download.
    • For downloading the Zip file you will have to put the QH serial no. So enter the same and then when the Zip file gets downloaded transfer it to the system where you want to update the Quick Heal Antivirus.
    • When you are done with the same then extract the zip file in a folder and open Quick Heal> Click on update> Click on next> Click on “pick from specified location”, now when it ask you to browse then point to the folder that you have extracted and give the path of the INDEX.DAT file and just click on next.
    • The update process will get started and finished just make sure that you are not interrupting the same in between till the process gets over. After installing the update reboot the machine as recommended.

Hope that helps.

Even I need some help regarding the same, I am getting an error message while updating the Quick Heal but not the one which has been mentioned above. When I am trying to update the Quick Heal then I am getting an error message saying the below things: "Quick Update Application has stopped working". "A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.". I have checked about the same on the web but I was not able to get much information and troubleshooting regarding the same. I am aware of the above method for installing the updates for quick heal but I think that there should be a solution for fixing this error. I mean I cannot update the quick heal manually every time. If anyone gets an update for this error then please share it here. It will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Below are the possible causes of this issue, so you need to check these things out.
    • The copy of your QuickHeal might have expired.
    • The firewall settings in your case might be not correct.
    • There are possibilities that your system might have got corrupted by Conficker virus, if you are not aware then I will like to inform you that this virus stops connecting the antivirus program to the updating servers.

There are other possibilities as well like improper internet connection or slow interconnection. Just check out these things and they will surely help you out to narrow down the cause of the issue.

I have found a number of people facing this issue and some of them have been able to solve it out by manually installing the updates or reinstalling the antivirus program itself. If you want then you all can try out the same but if that’s not helping then I will better suggest you to install the latest version of quick heal which is quick heal 2012 and see if the issue is getting solved or not. I don’t think that there should be any such issues with the latest version of it. This issue seems to be from your end and you should be able to fix it out by checking out the things and the solutions that has been mentioned here. If you face the same issue with quick heal 2012 as well then you will have to contact quick heal support and address them the problem.