Thread: How to get rid of MMTOOL.exe

How to get rid of MMTOOL.exe

Hello friends, I am getting the MMTOOL.exe error every time when I reboot my computer. This has started from last one week and since than I am experiencing slow performance of my computer. System is getting hanged frequently and some of the times, I get BSOD. There are also many of the random popup but I don’t remember then all. I just click non OK/CANCEL, whatever option it provides to hide that error message. Can anyone provide me some information regarding “MMTOOL.exe” and how can I get rid of that. Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: How to get rid of MMTOOL.exe

Yes, you can resolve this problem from the registry. But before proceeding with the process, it is very important that you close all the other running unnecessary programs from your computer. To do that, just open the task manager by pressing alt + ctrl + del and from there go to the processes. End all the processes that are not required to you. Now you will have to start the registry restore.

The main thing to consider while doing this is, to set the date for restore to earlier than you start facing the problem. If you select the date after you started with this problem then restore will not make any change. In order to back up and restore windows registry, you can go through the steps given below.

• Firstly, click the start button and click on Run.
    • In the run box, enter “regedit” and hit enter. This will open the Registry Editor window.
    • Now from the left panel of the window, click on “computer” to highlight that.
    • Now right-click on that and select the option Export.
    • This will export the .reg file, save that file into some directory.
    • Rename that file so that you can search for that easily later.
    • Now, in order to restore the registry, you will have to go through the same process but in place of exporting, you will have to import the file that you have exported earlier. Locate that file and click on OK.

There are many of the software’s that promises to deal with the issues like this but the best that I can recommend you is the PC Safe Doctor. I am having personal experience with this and so can say that this is the best one to use. These are the viruses that use the same name as the “MMTOOL.exe” so that it can be hidden from the users. You must always be protected and updated to keep your system away from the issues like this. You can download that from here and install that on your PC. Launch the application and click on the button that says “Start Online Scan”. Make sure that you are connected with the internet while you click on that button. If this program found any of the thread or MMTOOL.exe in your computer then simply click on the button “Remove” and this will remove that from your computer.

Have you recently installed some of the program after which you started to get this problem? In case, you know the exact software then you can first uninstall that software from your computer and then install it over again. If the problem is cause by some installed program then there is no other better way to get it resolved. If you do that then the culprit MMTOOL.exe files and registry entries will be removed from that and you will be out of the issue.

Normally, MMTOOL.exe is not a virus that harms your computer. This file is required by the windows so that it can load the other files needed for the processing of the other application. This is completely safe process like the other running windows process. But this is not always same in all the cases. There are also some of the viruses which manage to corrupt this process and runs its own process with the same name and harms the processing of your computer.

It is not easy to identify this process because the name is going to be the same. I think kit is dangerous to play with the registry, at least I will not try with registry as I don’t have enough idea about that. You can just run a good updated antivirus in your computer and do a deep scan of the system. Heal all the files that are corrupted if some of the files are not getting healed then you can also delete that but make sure that it is not the system file.

There is one MMTOOL.exe Repair Tool that you can use in order get this issue resolved. Download that in your computer and install it with the simple onscreen instruction. After completion of the installation, run that tool and click on Scan button. When you do that then it will start to diagnose your computer. Once that is completed with the diagnosis then you can click on the Repair and that will resolve all the MMTOOL.exe error as well as additional PC errors lies in your computer. It will hardly take a few second to fix the errors. It is the best one to resolve the issues like this. I will replace all the missing and buggy files with the latest and clean one. I recommend you to use this tool daily to boost the performance of your computer. You can download this from here.

Other than the above mentioned tool, there is one more tool that can help you to remove this problem from your computer. I am talking about the MMTOOL.exe Free Scanner. It is a small file of about 2.7 MB’s and can be downloaded in no time. Installation is also very simple. It can handle all the .exe errors.

Note: The MMTOOL.exe file, that is helpful for our system performance is there in the C:\Windows\System32 folder and if you find this file somewhere other than this location then it has strong possibility that this is a virus or some other harmful thread for system.