Thread: Netgear WN200RPT Range Extender won’t connect even status Light staying steady

Netgear WN200RPT Range Extender won’t connect even status Light staying steady

Some days before I purchased Netgear WN200RPT Range Extender. However I noticed particular issue with it. I am having a laptop on which I have installed Windows. The Range Extender is not getting connected with my laptop even though Amber status light is steady. I am completely clueless and not having any much idea to resolve the issue. any help to resolve the matter will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Netgear WN200RPT Range Extender won’t connect even status Light staying steady

Looking at the situation I am suspecting that range extender is not able to forward traffic to wireless routers. The Wireless router which you have installed on the network should be able to handle DNS queries efficiently. However you will be able to bypass DNS look up by entering IP address of desired website. Also you can test whether wireless range extender and router is communicating or not by simply pinging IP address of router.

Re: Netgear WN200RPT Range Extender won’t connect even status Light staying steady

You can setup extender by using manual process or WPS. I recommend that you manual steps to setup extender.

• First of all you should set the extender to factory settings. You should hold reset button for a minutes then disconnect the same from power supply and reconnect after 30 seconds.
    • After that you should power on Extender and see that LED status should be in green color. Now you should try to Connect NETGEAR_EXT wireless network. once your computer is getting connected with Extender you should connect the same with Wi-Fi network.
    • Brower would redirect to setup guide. You will need to perform following steps.
    • Select desire Wi-Fi network which you wanted to extend.
    • Now you have to enter security passphrase to existing network. you should put wireless security key under of Key 1 box if you are having WEP connection. for WPA/WPA2 connection you will need to enter wireless security key into Passphrase box.
    • Once you have done with above mentioned steps you should select a name for Extender network and it would prompt you to connect with extender's wireless network which you have created. You computer will get connected with newly created extender network.

After completing with above mentioned setup you should check out that you are able to connect or not.

Possibly there is an issue with network adapter driver so I recommend that you should uninstall and reinstall network adapter drivers.

1. Right click on My computer and click on Manage and click on Device Manager.
    2. From Device Manager, you should figure out Network adapters. You should right click on the same and uninstall.

Now reboot your system. Install the drivers if it is prompted. Even if needed you can get the latest version of drives from official website of network manufacturer as well.

I was facing the same issue that you have mentioned over here. after doing lots of research work I found that there was limited connectivity issue. Extender "Status" was not connecting with primary router. It was something like that Extenders auto-config was not working as it required. Here are all steps that I tried and I am hoping that it would be useful to you.
    1. You will need to reset your primary router to No Security. Once you have done the same you are going to be disconnected with router. Why because it would erase all settings that you will need to connect with router. You should remove Wireless Security from router config site.
    2. After doing with above mentioned steps you should reset extender to factory defaults and connect with computer and router.
    3. Check out that computer is getting connected with internet and network devices.
      • If above mentioned steps is failed then you should check out below mentioned things.
      • See that old wireless connection should be deleted and Network Configuration windows should be closed.
      • Now search for wireless connections and continue with the same until and unless you are not getting appropriate wireless connection.
      • Once you have managed to get correct wireless connection and security setting, simply try connect with router by using the same.
      • Now go for Steps 3
    4. simply close browser which you have used.
    5. After that you have to launch Wireless Connections and it should not be connected with primary router. See that there should be not be any issue when you are trying to connect with Extender. If you got any issue I recommend that you should perform the step 4 until and unless you are not fixing the issue.
    6. Extenders Auto Configuration wizard should be launched when you launch Internet Explorer on your computer. you should perform all the steps till wizard is not getting completed. You should take care of the thing that security settings should be set to None.
    7. You should click on finished connecting button on Extender config after completing with wizard. Ensure that you had saved all the bookmarks. Finally you should check out the wireless status. Simply launch Network & Sharing screen and see that there should not be any Red color X between Extender and Internet.
    8. In step 8 does not work for you than you will need to start from Scratch by taking care of the thing that device should configured to No Security.
    9. Now you should perform steps 2 to 9 if step 9 worked for you. also you should configure on the security level as per your requirement.
    10. After that you have to use all the book marks and launch Extender configuration site. In case you are looking to reopen wizard then you should click on Exit button. Select Connect to Existing Network , it will allow you to configure your Extender. After successful configuration it would prompt for security key and enter the same.
    11. Once you have done with this particular thing configuration would be updated after entering Network Key. Now try to reconnect with Extender and check out the status of the connector as well.
    12. Again you should launch Network and Sharing and see that Red ‘X’ should not be displayed.
    13. If above mentioned step worked then hopefully you will be able to access internet. If it did not worked then likely auto-config seems to be flawed. To fix the same you have to click on Wireless Settings and simply configure Extender to sync with router manually. Once you have done you should test the entire situation again.

So try the above mentioned thing and let me know whether it worked for you.

Do you have installed any antivirus program or firewall on your computer? if so i suggest you to disable it and see whether it allows you to connect. We know that security programs makes our computer secure against of various threats. You should not forget to enable the antivirus program after testing the situation.

Apart from that you can install latest version of firmware on you device. you can download the same from manufacturer official website. You might need to connect technical support team as well if any of solution does not work.