Thread: Need some method to backup my entire network enviroment

Need some method to backup my entire network enviroment

I am in complete mess to provide solution for backing up my current environment. I have around 4 server running on the network. They have HyperV function and are connected to iSCSI. Now the data is entirely handled by server to move iSCSI storage system. Now if anything happen or server cluster fails I need a alternative method to backup the entire environment. Because beginning everything from scratch will be waste of my resources. I need a method or you can some of the best backup methods that I can use here. There are around 4 servers only, and if possible try to provide some options which can be used on a more bigger network. There are DPM agents also configured on our network. Host backup can be done on the client system via some applications, but I need a more better way which can be affordable for longer run.

Re: Need some method to backup my entire network enviroment

Symantec System Recovery Small Business Server Edition is a very powerful tool. It is more than backup software. A 1 year Essential Maintenance License for 4 server would cost you 2,313.64 USD. And you can increase to more if you want. Spending that much amount on data security is worth. Anyhow if you have more doubt you can talk to Symantec directly on your requirement. You can consult for the right solution.

One outdated solution that is cheaper is installing backup tools in the guest of virtual machines. So here when the backup runs it might make your system a bit slower. You can hook up some easy to use third party tools for that which have support for everything. Like the one which is mentioned above. Another on which I had used is Acronis True Image for Small Business Servers. I did not explored the advance features, but it is fit for what we need on our servers. Acronis is famous for providing disc image copy to restore a server. You will be happy to know that this also support Virtualization. That means you can restore your virtual servers also. If you purchase that pack. It comes with Acronis Backup Server, Acronis Group Server, Acronis Management Console, Acronis True Image Windows Agent, Acronis True Image for MS SBS Local Versions, Backup and recover a local system and Acronis Universal Restore. So here you can understand what tools you can use for your server recovery.

It depends on your choice what kind of backup you need. Like what type, you need a backup that is automated or you need a backup that needs remote setup. I am listing some products which are worth to discuss in this section. CA ARCserve Backup and Paragon Drive Backup are some of the tools that you can try out. There is a trial version available which helps you to understand how to use them and what features they include. It can complicated that some of the advance feature are stuffed and might never used in your system. You have 4 server which is a small amount and it is really very easy to decide a third party backup solution for it. Or else there are certain full fledged version available that you can go for. There are trial available for testing purpose.