Thread: Netgear WNDA3100v2 loses connection when downloading large data from torrent site on windows 7

Netgear WNDA3100v2 loses connection when downloading large data from torrent site on windows 7

I have Netgear WNDA3100v2 wireless adapter which I am using with my desktop computer and I have netgear wndr3700 router in my home network, I am not facing any problem when you I browse internet download anything from the browser but when I download any torrent and then and then try to download any thing from uTorrent in my computer at that time it starts downloading the file properly and then I lose the connection. I have tried to solve this problem by opening network adapters in my computer and then disabling the Netgear WNDA3100v2 adapter from there. Now after that when I have enabled Netgear WNDA3100v2 adapter again and then but that does not helped me to solve this problem. is ther anyother way to solve this problem then please let me know.

Re: Netgear WNDA3100v2 loses connection when downloading large data from torrent site on windows 7

You should open control panel in your computer and after opening the control panel you should select device manager from the left pane. In the device manger you have to look for your Netgear WNDA3100v2 adapter device right click on that and then you have to uninstall the drivers. Now restart your computer connect Netgear WNDA3100v2 adapter with your computer again now system will install the drivers. After installing the drivers you have to do all the required setting again and then you have to check whether same is occurring or not? You have to also connect your Netgear WNDA3100v2 with any other USB port and then check whether same problem is occurring or not?

Re: Netgear WNDA3100v2 loses connection when downloading large data from torrent site on windows 7

I am using Netgear WNDA3100v2 in my computer and I use to download data from the Torrent files from the Bitlord software. I will suggest you to download different Torrent client such as Bitlord or BitTorrent and then install in your computer. After installing that in your computer you should try to download anything in your computer and then check whether same problem is occurring or not? if you don’t get same problem after trying to download the data from different Torrent client in your computer then I think problem is with the uTorrent software in your computer.

I was also facing similar problem with netgear wndr3700 router and then I have first tried to solve this problem by resetting the netgear wndr3700 router but after resetting the router also I was experiencing the same problem. now after that I have downloaded latest firmware file for my netgear wndr3700 router and then I have open router configuration page and then I have update the firmware of my router. After updating the router also my problem does not get solved. I have emailed my problem to netgear support and then they have told me to change the channel from the router configuration page. Now after that I have opened router configuration page and changed the channel from there. After changing channel I have saved that setting and my problem get solved. you should also try this solution and then see what the result is.

Hello friends I am also facing problem while downloading the any data from the bit torrent in in my computer I am using netgear router and I have tried to solve this problem by resetting the router but that does not helped me. as it is mentioned in above solution that by changing the channel from router configuration page this problem can get solved and then I have tried to change the channel for my netgear router but I don’t know how to do this. please let me know the steps to change the channel for my router.

To change the channel for the netgear router you have to follow below steps.

• Open web browser.
    • Now you have to go to the configuration page of the router.
    • From there you have to click on the wireless setting option which you will find on the left side.
    • You will see the channel dropdown box. click on that.
    • Now select any different channel.
    • Save the setting.
    Once you save the setting you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? May be after changing the channel you can solve this problem.

I have resolved this problem by updating the drivers for my drivers for Netgear WNDA3100v2. I am also using Netgear WNDA3100v2 and same problem was occurred with me then I have updated its drivers and then my problem gets solved. you have to go to the device manger and then right click on the Netgear WNDA3100v2 adapter. Now you need to select update driver. Now it will look for the drivers update and install in your computer. now restart your computer and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not? I hope your problem will get solved after updating the Netgear WNDA3100v2 drivers.

First I have tried to solve this problem by changing the channel for my router and after doing that also I was experiencing same issue. now after that I have also tried to get rid of this problem by resetting the router but problem does not get solved. I have connected my friends laptop with my netgear wndr3700 router and then if try to download anything from any torrent client at that time I didn’t get any problem so I think there is some thing wrong with my Netgear WNDA3100v2 adapter. I have opened device manager and update the Netgear WNDA3100v2 adapter’s driver and after updating the drivers I have restarted my computer but that does not make any difference. now lease let me know what should I do to solve this problem?

Have you checked what is selected in the power management tab of the Netgear WNDA3100v2 adapter properties? if "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is selecting the power management tab then that can be a reason behind this problem. you should right click on your netgear USB device from device manager and then select properties. Now after that click on the power management tab and after selecting that you have to check whether "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked or not? if it is checked then you should uncheck it and after doing that you have to see whether you face same problem while downloading the large data from the torrent or not?