Thread: Is MacKeeper a virus

Is MacKeeper a virus

According to the official site it says that MacKeeper is a package of most significant system utilities for performing diverse operations on your Mac. It will set free you from frequent apps along with dozens of customer support centers. So I just found some positive information regarding the same and it was also stated that it’s an easy means to direct routine tasks along with keep your Mac secured, clean, consistent, speedy and attended. But it came to my notice as spoken by guys from other forums that MacKeeper a virus which does not function well and has n number of issues with it. So is their information regarding scheduled backups as well as data encryption and files recovery gone wrong or there are some glitches which are posing this wall to collapse. So can you state some reasons for the same as why such a good system utility is indicated as virus or malware. So I need to confirm from you all whether it is a virus or good for your mac OS as stated by the website.

Re: Is MacKeeper a virus

MacKeeper is the name of a utility app that's been around for a while, but it's completely probable the MacDefender has been renamed once more to the similar name. Neither one are desirable on a Mac. No viruses subsist in the wild that can run on Mac OS X, and there never have been any, as it was released some years ago. The handful of Trojans that subsist can be effortlessly eliminated with several essential education, common sense furthermore care in what software you install. But mackeeper can’t tend to be a good utility as it's pretty much ineffective in each respect.You don't require cleaner or maintenance apps to maintain your Mac running fine, and some of these apps can do extra harm than good. Some remove files/folders or idle languages or else architectures, which does nothing further than free up a few drive space, with the threat of deleting something vital in the procedure. These apps will not make your Mac run quicker or more proficiently, because having stuff stored on a drive does not impact presentation, if not you are running out of drive space. a few of these apps delete caches, which can harm your presentation, rather than assist it, because additional system resources are used and performance suffers while each cache is being reconstructed. Many of these tasks should only be done selectively to troubleshoot precise issues. Mac OS X does a good job of taking care of itself, without the requirement for 3rd party software. So as it is encapsulated with its own maintenance scripts that tend to run silently in the background on a every day basis, without user interference.

There are some users who are concerned to this utility and add some more content with its positive sides. I too agree with its positive aspects as MacKeeper is an outstanding solution for data management in addition to protection. The following characteristics are some favorites for data management but many of the other outstanding characteristics MacKeeper has to present can as well come in rather handy to defend data.
    If you wish for trying these features out for yourself, keep in mind that MacKeeper offers a free trial.and you get to attempt out this great, extremely useful app for a trial period before you buy. So this commercial product called MacKeeper, which is in some aspect worthless but not a trojan as far as I know, and there is a trojan that now and again also makes use of that name or a variation of it. If the OP was provoked by a website to install something called MacKeeper, it was almost certainly the trojan.

I am working on mac os for several years and I know well how this utility works, so , my suggestion is not to download this one. So to explain further, when you get the pop-ups, they will get worse over time. It came to my notice from several sources that they even couldn’t open their Safari any longer. The issue with mackeeper pop-ups is that they you are unable to view a website prior to you press a few buttons of them and that they aren't pop-ups from the site you are viewing. I never downloaded mackeeper but still the pop-up would illustrate up more often over time, which was really annoying. So to eliminate this pop-ups you need to download glimmerblocker. I made search regarding the same and it’s really a great software. After I made a download of this one, and put it on, I was no more with such issues.

According to me , I am also of the same opinion and MacKeeper is awful malware which causes a "virus warning" to pop up in your browser that will tend to freeze the functionality of your system until you force quit the browser numerous times. They are just pretending to sell the product and I can't make up why are they doing so. As this really destructs me and all I get is some pop ups constantly. So guys please don’t download this as you can get some more 3 rd party software’s suitable for your OS. Why don't they show some good will towards the "legitimacy" of their product and tell us how to discontinue this irritating malicious virus addware that all unexpectedly started popping up after I did the free download? So I think they should also have means in which we are able to eliminate that software. I searched on many forums but ,I could not get any possible means to un-install it. I have deleted it from my system and now I'm receiving an popup which I never got before this bogus mackeeper program.

I installed Mackeeper, but have noted the problems of regular pop-ups and irritating slow-downs in my Mac's performance. After reading these posts , I think one way out is to remove it as I have now come across its consequences. Thanks to those who recommended me to AppDelete as this appears to have worked superbly. I must add that I was convinced to take away Mackeeper when I read the reply. About the lone thing this program did for me was repeatedly remind me it was there with those frustrating "legit" pop-ups and the annoying stop-and-go performance of my Mac. So, if you are looking for my view regarding Mackeeper, I would speak don't bother. I heard Macafee was functioning well for Macs. But I need to know whether there can be a better utility program than Mackeeper.

I just switched to Mac from PC, so clearly I am used to having to get tons of third-party products to deal with several problems. I got MacKeeper because it has a tool to eliminate duplicate files through my data transfer. instantaneously, I started having crashes, freezes after sleep mode along with unresponsive application situations. at first, I did not make the connection between the two, but upon bringing my allegedly better Mac to the adjoining Genius Bar, MacKeeper showed up in each occurrence of the logged crashes. I removed it totally with the help of the Apple staffer and therafter there are no issues concerning my case and no further freezes or crashes since then.