Thread: Better alternative for Emsisoft

Better alternative for Emsisoft

I am having some problem with the Emsisoft that is installed in my computer. For some unknown reason, when I click on the tray icon of Emsisoft then that is not showing me the main window. To get this resolved, I reinstalled the Emsisoft and that makes no difference in that.

After reinstalling, it is asking me to enter the license key but I have not saved my license key and not registered with the Emsisoft from my email.There are also many of the problems with this and now I have decided to change to some other software that can better replace Emsisoft. If you have some good suggestions for this then please post that over here. I was thinking to switch to Comodo CIS but a bit unsure about this one because I have never used that before. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Better alternative for Emsisoft

You can make use of the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" is a tool that detects the malware even if they use new and insidious methods. The program analyzes processes and threads, and alerts you if anything even suspicious processes could be started. Here are the main points that make Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as the first choice for many of the users.
    • Suitable for Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7 (32 and 64 bit)
    • Very fast scanning of important system areas
    • The ability to completely scan all the disks
    • Very fast Flash scanner (Pro license required)
    • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Protection Module (Pro license required)
    • Task Scheduler for automatic scans and updates (Pro license required)
    • IP Blocker blocks access to malware sites (Pro license required)
    • Daily database updates
    • Files in quarantine and the ability to repair
    • Ignore list for the scanner and Protection Module.
    • Settings to Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware performance increase
    • Additional tools to remove malware manually with
    • Multilingual, including Dutch
    • Works well with other anti-malware or anti-virus programs
    • Command line support
    • Context menu integration

If you have lost the license key for Emsisoft then you can contact with the Emsisoft support and they will tell you some workaround for this. But if you really want to change to some other software then you can also consider to have SUPERAntiSpyware. SUPERAntiSpyware is a program that allows you to avoid bringing any type of spyware that wants to join the computer to steal information and then send annoying pop. Many of the antivirus being used today do not detect the entry of Spyware and this is because these softwares are not 100% malware protected. But once that enters then you will get the information that they begin to send pop-ups at all times. Besides having a powerful filter for Spyware, this is having ability to prevent the entry of all types of malware you want to enter. This becomes very important when you talk regency of malware like Trojans, Internet worms, spyware and all kinds of viruses. SUPERAntiSpyware is a good application to take into account when you want to be safe from spyware and other malicious software.

For me, ComboFix is the best solution for keeping your system free from virus. ComboFix can remove malware (especially rootkits) strongly nested in your system. It is very aggressive and it works automatically and leaves a margin of zero user intervention. This program allows you to effectively remove malware and rootkits nested in the system. Operation is fully automatic and virtually no user intervention, so it is recommended to use the tool very carefully considered it eliminates all that dangerous files that it detect. To start scanning the hard, in fact, once you download the executable, simply click on the file and wait for the end of the procedure.

Pro
    • Automatically delete malware found
    • No installation required
    • Generate a log when finished

Cons
    • Control almost zero by the user
    • There is no real interface

I would recommend you for Spyware Terminator. I know that there are very few people who are using this but this is also a very good choice to consider. It prevents spyware from attacking your system, but also adware and keyloggers. It works in real time to prevent unauthorized programs from accessing your machine. Spyware Terminator can act discreetly offering you a scan in the background, so you do not be disturbed in your work. And a daily scan typically around will be rendered as a detailed report which is classified according to levels of potential threats detected. The program is not very demanding and it is updated regularly. Its database is very comprehensive and that it recognizes the virus known and unknown. Spyware cannot access your computer through the real-time protection that it gives you, especially as the adware and keyloggers.

If you are running Windows operating system then it is better to use Microsoft Security Essentials. The best part is that you can even download the latest virus definition update and install that offline. This is very useful for the people who are not having the internet connection. The free "Microsoft Security Essentials" offers Windows users some protection against viruses and worms. The freeware comes with both an on-access scanner, which automatically monitors all file operations in the background, as well as an on-demand scanner, controlled by the user examines the entire computer or selected areas for viruses. "Microsoft Security Essentials" do their job quietly in the background. Only appears when detecting a small pop-up that gives the user tips on how to proceed. The main menu is unique color code information on the safety condition of your computer.

"Microsoft Security Essentials" makes a good impression and complements the Windows security concept of UAC, firewall and increasingly safer web browser. Especially inexperienced computer users should find pleasure in the easy-to-use free software.

Microsoft Security Essentials is good to use but if you want to have some good option other than this then you can go for Spyware Doctor. The program protects users from spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, spybots and other monitoring threats such as phishing. The running in the background OnGuard feature monitors your PC every second of protecting you from being infected on the Internet. The built-in pop-up blocker prevents pop up annoying ad windows as you surf the Web. "Spyware Doctor" keeps up to date automatically, so you are always protected even against new threats. There are many other options for you and you can go anyone of these but there are a few things that need to take care. Keep the virus definition updated and make sure that you are not running two security software at the same time. If you do so then that might lead to make your system crawl.

I can see that there are many suggestions for antivirus and I would also like to add Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool in the list of suggestions. Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is a utility that lets you find and remove viruses, trojans, worms and other threats that prevent the most common PC run correctly. Operation is simple, since you just select the files or folders to be scanned (hard disk, peripherals or specific documents) and then start the process. Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is not a virus or a monitoring tool, it performs just one-shot scan. There is also no up-to-day automatic update, you will have to download the new version and install it whenever you want to update it. Among the features of Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool:
    • Intuitive interface;
    • emergency can be installed on an infected machine (Safe Mode);
    • research and complete removal of malicious software;
    • Automatic and manual removal of viruses, trojans, worms, spyware and adware.

I am having Emsisoft Anti-Malware in my computer and that is working great. There are 3 ways to remove malware. When a Malware infection is detected, you get the choice to quarantine or eliminated. You can also choose to automate this to happen. For the experts Emsisoft Anti-Malware provides a lot of extra features to manually detect and remove malware. For this purpose, the integrated program HiJackFree available for a detailed system analysis. This allows all services, car runs, open ports, browser plug-ins, LSPs and host entries manage. For complex problems, the malware experts are available for free. With their help, any infection, however difficult or intractable is guaranteed to be remedied.

SpyHunter is an anti-Spyware finds and removes spyware and adware from your PC, as well as other minor Malware. The software interface is simple to use. The Malware database is updated continuously and this makes the software particularly suited to protect themselves from harm on the network. There are two versions of the software, the first one is free allows you to find and block spyware from your PC but not eliminated. The second, which costs "only" $ 29.99, plus find them and lock them deletes them to free up space on your hard disk. SpyHunter is an excellent alternative to two of the most widely used anti-spyware and known, as can: AdAware or SpyBot.