Thread: How to fix privacy issue at startup?

How to fix privacy issue at startup?

I came to this forum to get an opinion about the thing which I am going to ask you over here. right now I am having laptop and it is connected with a router on encrypted private network. I am making use of VPN tunnel connection with laptop. I am getting no exception until and unless I am overriding configuration. Main usage of my laptop is surfing. I noticed that AV programs as well Windows based operating system are jumping on network's IP from ISP itself. Also software update is getting happen for some software after booting of my laptop. After booting I am clicking on VPN client and it simply locking down tunnel and removes default route from the system. eventually it results into lost of connection and it does not lets data to flow in either up or down direction except into tunnel. In order to get the access to tunnel I have to boot up the system. Software updates does not seems to big issue at the time of bootup. Already I have mentioned I am running Windows based operating system and using private firewall. I am aware of that I can turn off auto updates on my system but I need to manually update all the program. It is not possible online until and unless I am not getting into tunnel. Can you suggest any useful thing to get the requirement of mine? thanks a lot in advance.

re: How to fix privacy issue at startup?

Looking at the situation I think you will need to run a VPN connection on Router of yours. we know that AirVPN supports DD-WRT. Now you should go for firewall which you have installed on your computer and see that whether rule is set only allow traffic through the VPN.. it might be possible that global rule blocking TCP and UDP OUT to every IP and VPN provider's 10.x range. If you are having Comodo on your computer then you will be able to do this particular thing quite easily. You should use 'Exclude' switch and 'Block all traffic' option. The thing which I had mentioned above is just a though I am not sure whether it would work for you or not.
    if you go for OpenVPN log for connection and you will be able to get IP addresses for VPN server which you wanted to connected and allow the same by using Global Deny rule. I think it would work for you. if you have installed Comodo and it should be same as.

Block all TCP and UDP Out *except* ('Exclude' box in Comodo) 123.456.789.x *and* 10.x.x.x.

Hey thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. Mainly the router of mine is used with normal IP connection. all the computers on network are using vanilla IP which has been provided by ISP. Well I am not able to make use of outer approach as it simply locking down connection for machines located outside of VPN.

To implement a Firewall seems to be easy enough if computer is always connected. My requirement is I wanted to connect with VPN server when I wanted to create as well as enter into tunnel. I think I need to turn off auto update feature for some programs and I have mentioned the same in earlier post as well. I should update those programs whenever required when I wanted to get into the tunnel. I think this is the only thing which will allow to do handshaking with outside world except through the VPN.

You will find Networking settings control whether network adapters into virtual machine. Normally network adapter selected as well as mapped to network adapter on physical computer. if you are looking a virtual machine to utilize all resources on physical network by means of intranet and Internet. You will require to configure Networking settings of virtual machine and to do the same you should perform below mentioned steps.
    • from Virtual PC console you have to click on virtual machine and you have to configure networking setting and simply click on Settings.
    • From Settings you have to click on Networking.
    • Now into Networking and you will get configure option which can be used for network adapters.
    • From Number of network adapters drop down list you will be able to select four emulated network adapters for virtual machine of yours.
    • Now you see configuration drop-down lists on the basis of selection of network adapters which you have selected into Number of network adapters drop down list. Form that drop down list and simply assign emulated adapter card to the network card which is installed on the computer including Microsoft Loopback Adapter. You will be able to set more than one emulated network card to same network card on physical computer. you will be able to attach virtual network to local-only network. local-only network is private network which can be used to conduct communication between virtual machines.
    • Finally click on Ok button.

The virtual machine is supposed to be behave as separate physical computer located on the same on network. it is having different DHCP or static NAT IP address on computer. you will be able to add as well as remove VM network connection settings in terms of private internet connection SOP. Hence private VM internet connection activities did not seems to be associated with private VM internet connection activities of computer.

You should give a look on below mentioned things.
    1. You should get an access to Hotspots's router so that you will be able to figure out DHCP address and simply click on Ok on browser access page. After that you should create Global Rules in Comodo in order to allow outbound to VPN server address. After doing the same I think VPN private address space should begin to work appropriately. You might need to create allow for hotspot's router. Any of following rules can be implemented.
    2. Out only to any hotspot router
    3. Out only to the VPN Server
    4. Out only to the VPN private address range
    5. You might need to play with Wi-Fi hotspots so that above mentioned rules might work properly.
    6. You will be able to test the situation quite easily by shutting down VPN and ping and try to run windows update.