Thread: Adding SharePoint server on existing farm

Adding SharePoint server on existing farm

right now I am looking to add 2nd SharePoint server on existing farm. I wanted to know how cuurent sites would look after doing it. will I need to add them manually or it would be added automatically when 2nd farm is connected. Let me know if you are having any idea on this particular situation. any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Adding SharePoint server on existing farm

As you as you add an extras sever all sites are created automatically on second server. also I wanted tell you that IIS configuration would update automatically. However things like certificates, custom entries in web.config would not be replicated at all. once you have added server on the farm you should simply go for "Services on Server which is available on System settings tab into Central Administration. It would let you to choose which service you wanted to run on server of yours. if you are looking to have sites on sever which you have added recently then you should see that you have started Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Web Application. However I am not having any idea regarding above mentioned service is getting start automatically after adding service or you have to make an manual attempt to start a service.

Once you have added a new server to farm and enabling servers then Timer Job Services should start with the synchronize all of solutions. It should be working with farm of yours. once you have added second WFE and you are making use of first server as public address server then users are likely to use first server. hence you should take care of the thing that you are changing all the settings that important for your public URL.

I let you know that SharePoint is having support for multiple authentication providers into the single SharePoint environment. It allows you to some kind of ASP.Net Forms Based Authentication, LiveID or you are having SharePoint lists. They are having additional authentication repository for every single user apart from Active Directory. By default FBA is used for authentication provider beyond Active Directory. Also accounts are stored into server database which is placed on AD and it can be managed by placing it separately from AD.
    I would recommend that you should setup an additional authentication provider. It could be bit difficult for you to implement. You should try with a test environment so that you will be able to get you exactly you would like to do.

We know that simple URLs can be widely used into enterprise. Also usage of existing certificate as well as reverse-proxy rules seems to be good to use. You will need to create additional rule which can be used for publish External Web Services URL. You should see that it is having valid certificate. So there will not be any need of making any changes into Certificate itself. You will be able to get certificate by means of internal CA or approved public certificate CA. usually Edge internal interface FQDN or hardware load balancer VIP supposed to be subject name of certificate. Also you can make use of wildcard certificate on Edge internal. There is no need to make changes in subject name. you will need to associate Existing Edge Server on pool into the Second central site of media.