Thread: How can i improve my Asus Laptop Wi-Fi reception

How can i improve my Asus Laptop Wi-Fi reception

I have purchased an Asus X73E-BH51 17.3 laptop with second generation Intel Core Processor i5 2430M, with turbo boost 2.0; Ram is 8GB DDR3 & hard disk 640GB HDD. I was very happy with the purchase but now I am experiencing that wireless signal strength on my machine never crosses the three bars, while on my friend gets 5 bars of signal strength sitting next to me. His laptop is of different make and has also been purchased long back. It’s terrible as I was doing my research for the laptops since past one year.

Is there a way to make my laptop’s signal strength better it would be so gratifying and it would sure help me not to feel guilty over my purchase. It should work faster with 8GB RAM and Turbo Boost but it loads very slowly, I am able to chat with my colleagues on Skype but often video breaks up or it is not clear. This also troubles me a lot as my new brand new laptop doesn’t works properly. Any help in regards of this will be greatly appreciated..?

Re: How can i improve my Asus Laptop Wi-Fi reception

There are several reasons that can affect the laptops signal strength and provide you with bad network connection. It can be any software or hardware issue. There can be interferences in the laptop. Try and reinstall the Wi-Fi driver or try updating the driver of the Wi-Fi network card. As all network Wi-Fi cards don’t go well with all the routers. So comparing your friends laptop with your will not give you any perfect idea about your connection.

If it’s still not working then it might be a software issue in such case try system restore, before system restore ensure that you take a complete backup of all the important documents and save it on the external hard drive do not connect any removable drive while doing system restore. Then just go through full system restore from restore factory settings normal you can go to this menu by pressing F12 while the system is booting or some time it can even be F8 depending on the Laptops.

Re: How can i improve my Asus Laptop Wi-Fi reception

Hey even I was experiencing the same problem & I rectified it by updating the drivers, if you are good enough with technology then only go for BIOS upgrade. While running the BIOS upgrades do not turn off the Laptop or disconnect it from the mains as it can render the laptop useless as BIOS is a software which tells the PC what to do next when its first turned on. You can try replacing your laptop’s wireless PC card based network adapter. Wireless routers usually broadcasts on channels 1,6 and 11.Try changing your wireless router’s channel through your router’s configuration page to see if your signal strength Improves.