Thread: Wireless Bridge for Tenda W268R router

Wireless Bridge for Tenda W268R router

Hello friends, I was trying to find method to wireless bridge for Tenda W268R router but was not able to get it for me, whereas MicroCenter was having a special offer on these wireless routers so due to which I have purchased two of them and now thinking to bridge them wireless so that it can get a wired connection in a different room. Does anyone is having the method to do it, then please do suggest about it. Thank you.

Re: Wireless Bridge for Tenda W268R router

I was also in same position and attempting to join the several routers with my existing satellite router-Qwest 2Wire 2701HG-D (which is in addition my modem). The explanation I'm attempting to do this is I could similar to my system to be joined to the amusement focus, but I lack the capacity to move my Qwest router over there on account of there are no telephone jacks in the lounge. I was speculation provided that I might wire the 2Wire to one of the Tendas; I might via wireless Bridge to the alternate Tenda that could be wired to our diversion focus. I've scoured the web searching for assistance all over the place I could probably suppose, from the producer's homepage (which is about as accommodating as the manual), to the MicroCenter's tech web page (which was more accommodating, but didn't take care of the situation), to Googling all variants of this situation I am able to consider and taking after assorted how-tos. Possibly I'm ignoring something particularly effortless, or the situation is more interesting than I'm apprehending. Here's a couple of my late tries-keep in psyche, I found how-to directions on every of these systems within the web based world, so pardon me if they are level-out preposterous. I've attempted designing every one of the several routers onto the same satellite lattice-SSID, station, and so forth. I've attempted designing the a few Tenda routers onto their particular satellite lattice that could just extension amidst the several.

Which operating system you are running and which is safe to say that you are running presently? in the event that it’s a 9x home release it no doubt won’t work, sounds love to bridge the 3 as a single unit you’ll ought to hard line 2 in 1 lattice then bridge that to the 3rd verify you are running a NT operating system, you will need to setup bunches and verify you give every last trace of the respectable exemptions, or, unequivocally setup your grid utilizing each of the 3 u will have to daisy chain them as one unit. this doubtlessly your most fit alternative, you would be able to go 90 yards between them so get link, else wise you’ll unequivocally need to run each of the 3 divide, and I declare for what it is, I picked up the same model, idk in the event that you are able to daisy chain the aforementioned as one, but they could not have the ability to impart fittingly, research. i have a concern for you. Have you attempted to run over to the site for the admin controls for this model? I have but have yet to have luck recognizing it.

You would be able to set the bridge option from the ip location on the bottom of the modem, its under the menu WLAN settings\WDS settings, utilize the extension mode or repeater mode and drop in every last trace of the ap mac location for the alternate 2 routers drop in your encryption sorts and it might as well work, I can’t do it atm i don’t have something greater than 1 router but that would be where the alternative is, the ip location for your router is 192.168.0.1 then the username/password both admin, much the same as the sticker on the lowest part is. Trust that aides

How your process might as well go, you hard line 1 router to your modem, and do the setup process I stated previous, unless you have a satellite modem then that’s the one you will should setup the wds choice. It’s a matter of deciphering who controls who. Since your fundamental modem from your dsl supplier is a router extends me, a satellite then you ought to have the capacity to slave the 2 tendas to that unequivocally do one around then. Have your different satellite modem unplugged no wires ought to should head off to this equitable your capacity link, unless you hard line somewhat, blu-ray and so on. Following you can put the ac location in the wds settings, which is going to the system menu I think it is and after that just restart your router, then goes connect to the different router and see if your man router registers in the reciprocities menu at the bottom of the WLAN menu. I think the repeater mode is the setting you are searching for permits firewall choices to move from the essential cause i suppose.

W311R in the in front of the rest of the competition getting indicator from feline 5 to modem, with IP 192.168.0.1, DHCP server prepared (default), channels 6 and 10 for expansion, Languid MODE secured with WPA2 private, AES encryption sort and watchword (btw same as satellite watchword), firmware I think was H1_V3.3.6B-EN Deface 1 2010, ssid ATIV (a tribute to the Workplace Warehouse exceptional that it traded). W268R H1_V3.2.5e IP 192.168.0.10, DHCP incapacitated (not default), REPEATER should open output get MAC location from W311R in the catalogue, same secret word and encryption as above, set up its satellite secret word indistinguishably additionally but utilize a diverse SSID (Tenda could be fine it the option of router was modified) so they are extraordinary. Final but not minimum setup the same bat channels as above (in spite of the fact that this is the final update to make... then it will quit working... unplug and re-plug and voila it works) One could probably this method, provided that you are shut the first router, associate to it securely or closer to the second router, unite to it securely, stunning. At my friends house I could probably utilize the second router starting from the earliest stage, while that router is in the 10th stun... I could affection to do this with the (as a matter of fact several) W268R I actually acquired but it’s won't streak to the flatter firmware form known to permit WDS mode (moreover the exact explanation behind acquiring the router). What's up Tenda? Since it’s not broken don't alter it. Searching for smart workarounds to the firmware scrape. In addition I accept I possess the Ralink chipset not the Broadcom...