Thread: SMC8014 Modem Issues

SMC8014 Modem Issues

I've been having issues with my Comcast SMC8014 Modem. It will periodically stop working, sometimes for 5 minutes, sometimes for days and it's at completely random times. I have a Linksys E1550 running from it. I've done all the unplugging and resetting suggestions that I found in other threads. I've yet to contact Comcast because, personally, I've never had any luck with techs so I'd like to try all possible options myself before calling them.

Also, I'm not the most tech savvy when it comes to networking and advanced settings for routers and such, so if you could dumb it down a little

Thanks in advance,
    Kar

Re: SMC8014 Modem Issues

Quote Originally Posted by KarTerrik View Post
    I've been having issues with my Comcast SMC8014 Modem. It will periodically stop working, sometimes for 5 minutes, sometimes for days and it's at completely random times. I have a Linksys E1550 running from it. I've done all the unplugging and resetting suggestions that I found in other threads. I've yet to contact Comcast because, personally, I've never had any luck with techs so I'd like to try all possible options myself before calling them.

Also, I'm not the most tech savvy when it comes to networking and advanced settings for routers and such, so if you could dumb it down a little

Thanks in advance,
    Kar
    In that case i just wanted to know that are you having the latest firmware for the Linksys E1550?? if not then install the same and check out if it is making any difference. i also wanted to know that were you having this issue since you have bought SMC8014 or it occurred suddenly?