Thread: Unable to connect internet while using Dlink dir-655 router via ZyXEL PK5000Z

Unable to connect internet while using Dlink dir-655 router via ZyXEL PK5000Z

Hello friends I am using internet with ZyXEL PK5000Z modem and recently I have purchased Dlink dir-655 router and when I connected my router and tried to use internet at that time it does not worked. If I connect try to use internet by connecting PC with modem only at that time I don’t get any issues but if try to establish connection though router at that time it does not work. How can I solve this problem?

Re: Unable to connect internet while using Dlink dir-655 router via ZyXEL PK5000Z

In my case same problem was occurred and I have tried to search the answer on internet and after spending some time I came to know that by changing PPPoE setting to “Always on” this problem can get solved and then I have changed PPPoE setting Always on and saved that setting. Then when I try to connect at time I didn’t get any problem. You should also try this solution and then your problem might get solved. To set PPPoE setting you have to open internet explorer or any other web browser in your computer and then you have to open router configuration page and then select Setup section. After selecting the setup section you have to choose Internet tab and then click on “Always On” button which you will find below MTU setting. After doing that you have to click on save setting button and then restart your router. Now you have to check whether you are able to connect internet or not? According to me after performing these steps you will not face any issues.

Re: Unable to connect internet while using Dlink dir-655 router via ZyXEL PK5000Z

Yes, I agree with above solution many times if PPPoE setting is set to Connect-on demand at that time also this type of problem takes place and that is why we need to change PPPoE setting to Connect-on demand and then problem will get solved, If after changing the PPPoE setting to Connect-on demand if you get same problem then you should also reset your Dlink dir-655 router and then do all the configuration again and check whether you can connect to internet or not?

I have set PPPoE setting to “Always on” from “Connect-on demand” and after doing that when I try to connect internet at that time also I get same problem. Now after that I have tried to rset my router and after resetting the router my problem does not get solved. I have also checked for latest firmware but there are no new firmwares are available for my router. if any one have any solution regarding this then let me know . Any help would be appreciated.

What is MTU set in your router configuration setting? you have to check whether it is set between 1500 to 1496 or not? if it is not then go to the setup and then select manual option from the internet tab. Now save that setting and restart your router. Now after restarting the router you have to see whether you are able to connect to internet or not? My friend was also experiencing same problem and then he changed the MTU setting and then problem get solved. you should also try to fix this issue by changing the MTU setting for your router and then see what the result is.

Thank you for helping me. I have open router setup page and then changed MTU settings from there. After changing the MTU setting I have saved that and restart the router and then I was able to connect. Now only problem I am facing is when I use internet on my laptop via WIFI at that time connections drops randomly. I don’t know what is causing this problem. I have tried to solve this problem by uninstalling Wireless drivers from my laptop and then installing it again but that does not helped me to solve this issue. I have also downloaded latest wireless drivers from internet and installed in my laptop but after doing that also same problem occurred. is there anything wrong with my router or something else is causing this issue?

You should try any other wireless device with your WIFI network and then see whether you face connection dropping issue or not? If you face same problem with other wireless device also then something must be wrong router configuration setting and if you are facing this problem with your laptop only then you should First check whether power saving option for wireless device is disabled or not? Many time if power option is enabled at that time also connection dropping problem takes place. Open device manager in your laptop and then you have to look for the wireless adapter and right click on it. Now select properties. From properties window you need to click on power management tab and check whether power saving option is checked or not? if power saving option is checked then you have to uncheck it and then click on OK and check whether wireless connection stays constant or not? Similar thing happened with my Lenovo laptop also and then I have unchecked power saving option and my problem get solved.

If you still get same issue even after disabling the power saving option for wireless adapter then I will suggest you to open power option in your laptop and then you have to select wireless adapter and choose maximum performance from there and then click on OK. After doing that you have to see whether connection dropping issue gets solved or not?