Thread: Security Camera drop recording in regular intervals

Security Camera drop recording in regular intervals

Has anyone noticed the issue of dropping video in security camera of Logitech. There are around 8 camera setup done in the entire warehouse. At start it was working fine and there was no issue at all. But I had noticed that the camera drops connection in between where I can only see blank screen. But the same continuous after a while. Is this issue can be due to circuit or any other stuff. I had checked the settings of Commander and it was perfect. I am still confused why this is happening. What I assume that the network security application which I used might be causing it. But if this blocks the recording then it should be discontinued for ever. Dropping in between looks very weird to me. Thanks.

Re: Security Camera drop recording in regular intervals

What is the ration of dropping. Is it frequency or at sometime in a day. If this happen randomly then there are certain troubleshooting tips that you can try out. Is there any duration set for the device to turn on and off automatically. If yes then I will recommend you to check that circuit. Second thing you can also check the internet or the network line which you are using. Check that your internet connection is stable or not. I had found a common issue in my clients office where there was bandwidth issue. The camera drops when the network connectivity was affected. I had checked the response which was breaking in between. To fix that they setup secondary line which then stable the camera recording. Or the last thing I can conclude is connectivity failure is some part of your place. Check the camera location where it is fitted. If you are on a wifi network ensure that you have a power router which can give a larger area to wifi network. Upgrading router might workout.

You will need to reset the camera settings to make it work. You have a really large setup and my solution given here will take more time. First dismount the camera and bring it in the place where you had router and pc in which commander is installed. Now connect the router wire directly to the pc. You can unplug that from the network and fix it on the pc directly via Ethernet port. Once you are done with that, take a paper clip and reset the camera from backside. Insert the clip inside a small hole on the back of camera. I am not sure about the exact location. Press the same for a while until all the settings of camera is refreshed. Once done reboot your pc. For start I will advice you to disable any antivirus you are using. If that is AVG then you have to turn off resident shield. This sometime affect the camera.

I do not thing this is a issue of Commander. It can be some where related to connectivity. I hope that your network if wifi does not has lot of distance among the devices. I think you should power up your network by adding a booster kind of stuff. This boost is a additional device which hook with the router and enhance the connectivity among wireless devices. It is easy to manage and the connectivity also quiet simple. Talking technically if the connectivity is fine then the system which you are using might be facing network connectivity failure. The network protocol might have some kind of corrupt layer which disconnects the camera with pc. The issue can vary as per the device used. What you can do here is update your network drivers. Whatever hardware you have just update them and check out. Reconnect all stuff one more time.

I would like to share mine experience here too. I had faced a issue after updating a game patch. I had system which was the center of all connectivity and all cameras were hooked to it. The commander worked fine without any issue. I installed a game in the same system and run a patch to fix minor bugs. Unfortunately I did not created any restore point. Because of new installation some of the files were overwritten and cause a dropping issue for that day itself. I think that gamepatch was only responsible for this. I checked restore points which was empty. In Commander I face one more issue of frequent disconnection. I can also authenticate the same. After a few hours of struggle things went fine automatically. Check your system for some app which mingle with commander and rise the issue. Disable some services from startup and check one more time.