Thread: Firmware upgrade fails in Dlink DSR-500N router

Firmware upgrade fails in Dlink DSR-500N router

I am using Dlink DSR-500N router and it was working absolutely fine. I come to know tat new firmware for my Dlink DSR-500N router is available and then I have download Firmware update file and tried to upgrade Dlink DSR-500N router firmware with the help of USB stick but during the upgrade process my system suddenly lost the connection with Dlink DSR-500N router. I don’t know how to resolve this issue. if anyone have answer for this issue then let me know.

Re: Firmware upgrade fails in Dlink DSR-500N router

Have you tried to solve this problem by resetting your Dlink DSR-500N router? if no then you have to first you have to reset your Dlink DSR-500N router by pressing the reset button from the back of your router and after resetting the Dlink DSR-500N router you have to check whether your router starts working normally or not? If you face same problem with your Dlink DSR-500N router even after resetting it then I will suggest you start your router in recovery mode and then see whether it makes any difference or not? In many cases starting the router in recovery mode can help to resolve this type of issues.

My friend was also facing similar issue with his Dlink DSR-500N router and then he tried to solve this problem by resetting the router but trying to reset the router also problem doesn’t get solved. now after that he tried to start router in recovery mode and then he get the option select firmware file and then he installed firmware again and then problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution and then check what the result is. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebadaah28 View Post
    My friend was also facing similar issue with his Dlink DSR-500N router and then he tried to solve this problem by resetting the router but trying to reset the router also problem doesn’t get solved. now after that he tried to start router in recovery mode and then he get the option select firmware file and then he installed firmware again and then problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution and then check what the result is. I hope this information will be helpful for you.
    Thank you for helping me. After looking at your solution I have tried to reset my Dlink DSR-500N router by pressing reset button at the back but and after resetting the router also it was showing yellow led only. I have also tried to find the way to start Dlink DSR-500N router in recovery mode with no success. Please let me know exact steps to starts my Dlink DSR-500N router in recovery mode. Thank you in advance.

To start Dlink DSR-500N router in recovery mode you have to first set static IP in your system. if you are using windows 7 or windows Vista then you have to Go to start menu and then select Control panel and choose network and internet. After selecting that you have to go to the network and sharing center. If you are using windows Xp operating system then you have to go to the start menu and then select control panel. From control panel you need to select network connections. Now after that you will see local area network connections icon. Right click on that and choose properties. After that you have to click on TCP/IP and click on properties button. In properties window you have to select “Use following ip address” option. now enter the details and make sure that you enter ip of you router in the primary DNS filed. After that click on OK.

Once you set static IP you have to connect your system with to one of the LAN port in your Dlink DSR-500N router and then turn it on. After doing that you need to check the status of router by pinging the router. Then you have to unplug power cord from router and press and hold reset button. After some seconds you need to plug the power cord to router without leaving reset button. When you see power led becomes orange at that time leave reset button. You will notice that router started pinging again. After that you have to open web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 in address bar and press enter key. Now it will ask for the Firmware installation file and you have to click on browse button and choose firmware update file. Click on OK and then select start. After doing that it will start firmware upgrade again and once it gets over your Dlink DSR-500N router will restarts automatically. After doing all this you have to go to network connections and then select local area connection properties. From there choose TCP/IP and open properties and click on “Obtain IP address automatically” option and click on ok. Now you have to do router configuration again and then problem will get solved.

If you are facing same problem even after performing above steps then you should contact Dlink support and then you have to tell them about the firmware upgrade issue and after that they will provide you solution regarding this. I hope your problem will get solved as soon as possible.