Thread: Port forwarding is not working on Dlink DSL-2640B

Port forwarding is not working on Dlink DSL-2640B

I am using Dlink DSL-2640B router and the problem that I am facing with the same is that port forwarding is not working on the same, in my case I have added IPCAM a 192.168.1.3 to my router port and all the port to 80, the ip of my router is 192.168.1.1 ad I have set the ip cam to 192.168.1.3 port :80 but then when I am trying to login with the help of public ip then I don’t know why but then it is just showing the router and not the camera, I just wanted to know if there is anything that I have to work out at the router end to get rid of this issue??

Re: Port forwarding is not working on Dlink DSL-2640B

I am having the same issue but the I have not yet found a working solution for the same, in my case the port forward and the DMZ are not working, I have been wandering out in some other forums and have tried a number of steps in port forwarding which included assigning static IP address, setting ports and using respected TCP/UDP protocols but then they did not helped, other than this I have also tried rebooting method but then it is not making any difference and then ports are still closed, I had one more doubt with the settings in the port forwarding menu, I have found that there is a input box for -REMOTE IP- but then I am not sure what I have fill there, I think that I am still missing something but then I am not sure what. I am having the latest firmware which is EU 4.00 firmware, I had also contacted the d-link support and he just said that they are aware that some features are not working their Dlink DSL routers and they were not able to access the router remotely as well so in short they were not of any help, after trying out a number of un successful solution it is making me feel that the router is faulty but then if anyone can suggest me some more workaround to try then do let me know it will be great full.

Even I am having the same issue with EU_4.00 Hardware Version: B2, I have tried using a proxy on 8080 but then it is just redirecting 80 inbound requests to 8080 on machine 3 and I am not able to track out the cause of the same as well, I have tried using dynDNS but then it is just not helping to join the join that is located machine 3 on 192.168.1.0/24 network in my case, I am really irritated by now as I was just expecting a easier method of doing this, as far as I am aware we should see the remote IP address as the peer address or say the router's IP address which is there in the status menu at IP Address : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. but then I have tried them both and they does not seems to be making any difference and I am just able to see the router's interface, have you found any solution regarding this by now?? I have found that when the firewall is enabled then there is no incoming traffic forwarded by the router, I have tried putting the system on Demilitarized Zone so as to set a single computer on the network but then I have not yet found a way for accessing the web server using the below settings:
    • HTTP 80 80 TCP/UDP 80 80 192.168.1.2
    • HTTP 8080 8080 TCP/IP 8080 8080 192.168.1.2

I have went in to the inbound filter feature and adding incoming traffic on port 80 opened to destination 192.168.1.2 from everywhere but then it did not helped as well. I am just running out of ideas now and I just need an effective solution to solve this out??? Please help.

I am running in to same issues with ADSL router, I have tried using DMZ and port forwarding and the Port forwarding is appearing to be working for some times but then it is working in some ports and not all, In the case where it is working then it is appearing as if it is applying the settings quickly and I don’t have to make a reboot as well but then in case where it is not working I have to do a reboot to get it working, there is some issue with the DMZ as well, I mean that when I am putting one machine into the DMZ then I am just able to enter sites from the place where I live, I am not able to access other sides apart from argentina where I am living, I have tried accessing them but then it is just entering a constant loop of waiting, I have found that when I am putting the machine out from the DMZ then things are working fine but then the for that I have to forward ports which is not appearing to be working properly, in my case I am having HW version: T1 and the firmware version is BCM-3.10L.TF.20090327 according to the sticker where as it says GE_1.80 in the configuration page.

Just answer me the below questions so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and I will try my best to help you out:
    • Region where you are located?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless connection
    • ISP Service that you might be having in your case, is it Cable or DSL?
    • ISP Modem that you might be having?
    • If your modem is having a built in router then it will be better if you bridge the modem. If you will be having 2 routers on the same line then there are possibilities of having connection issues.
    • If you are not sure if the modem is bridged or not then you can just check out the routers web page which will be under Status/Device Info/Wan Section, so if you find a 192.168.0.# address in the WAN IP address field then it won’t be bridged.

Just check these things out and then let me know what you get.