Thread: Unable to access allowed device using MAC filtering on Dlink DIR-825

Unable to access allowed device using MAC filtering on Dlink DIR-825

I am having DIR-825 and DAP-1522. DAP-1522 has been connected with the multimedia devices of mine such as TV, BD player. In order to get the security I have implemented MAC filtering which is allowing me to access the devices of mine which is connecting with the router. In today morning I have noticed that devices which are connected with DAP-1522 are not getting connected. However I was able to getting connected with 522. I did not got this particular issue in the past with DIR-655. I tried number of things and figured out that there was an issue with the MAC filtering. I mean when MAC filtering is on everything is working for several hours but devices are not able to connect with each other. But when I am turning off MAC filtering everything seems to working flawlessly. Let me know if you are having any useful information to fix the matter of mine.

Re: Unable to access allowed device using MAC filtering on Dlink DIR-825

Well I was also facing from the same problem which you have mentioned over here. you should check and confirm that reserved IP addresses is set to On for router as well as all the devices. I started the issue once I tried to remove reservations for temporary basis. Why I tried because I have found that IP and MAC address were not matching when they were coming from DAP-1522. so it was not working for me. hence I tried that there should be reservations as we would need to link some specific IP with the Mac address. The DAP-1522 are supposed to setup clone of the Mac address so that the devices are making the request. Hence all the requests which are coming from all the devices which are having Mac as well as IP address. This particular configuration was working fine with DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router but having strange behavior with DIR-825. I think manufacturer should have take 655 and built on the same from 5GHz feature. but still disabling reservations for the devices which are connected with reservations would solve the issue potentially.

Well I am assuming that there should be either interaction or difference in terms of handling of traffic by DAP. I have also found that DAP does not supposed to do different than that of the connected devices. But still I am not sure about the thing. I think you are having more experience with DAP as I have not used so far. Just wondering that there should solution to configure that can be used with those units. you should check out whether devices should be connected with DAP and setup for reserved IP. You can also test the situation by putting DIR-825 Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router in to 2.4mode with having DAP. So try it and let me know whether it helps you to get the requirement of yours.

Hey friends thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. there is no issue if hard-wired and wireless routers are not connected with DAP. Well according to me there is no issue with the DAP itself as I did not got any issue with DIR-655. Only I am wondering about how DIR-825 Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router supposed to handling incoming packets? Are sure that DAP would act in different manner by using 5GHz frequency? I think there is need to understand how it supposed treat the devices. Another thing which I wanted to tell you over here is that how DAP is communicating with DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router by using 2.4GHz. right now I am using at 5GHz which is connected with 5G SSID on DIR-825.

Looking at the problem of yours I am suggesting following thing which you can give a try and let me know whether it is working or not.
    • simply turn off ALL QoS or Disable Traffic Shaping (DIR only) GameFuel if it is turn on your router. You can have this particular option under Advanced and look for QoS or Gamefuel.
    • Now you should turn off Advanced DNS Services which is available under of Setup and go for Internet and select Manual.
    • After that you have to Turn on DNS Relay which is available under Setup and Networking.
    • Once you have done you should try to setup HCP reserved IP addresses for all the devices which are connected with router. You can do the same from Networking located under Setup.
    • Make sure that devices which you have set to auto. It will help devices to get the IP.
    • Now you should set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP as well as UDP. You can get the same from Firewall under of Advanced Option.
    • Finally you have to enable e uPnP and Multi-cast Streaming option available under of Setup and Networking.
    • Once you have setup IP reservations, you should setup Mac Filtering and try to scheduled as well.

In the situation of mine I am having 3rd party A/P on the DIR-825 router of mine. well I was utilizing MAC filtering. When I looked on the log I got that DNS was not working as it was expected. I had simply placed IP info on the devices and after that I did not had any issue. so far I am getting an issue with the Android device. when I was resetting the devices were working for couple of hours. after that I was not able to pull the IP address from the Client. the devices which are connected with the router were having reserved IP address. I used to reset router as well as A/P to resolve the matter. So I am hoping that the information which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.

Well reservations for all the devices which are connected with the router is working simply great. Same as you when I turning on MAC filtering then everything is working fine for couple of days only. Already I am having around 15 devices in MAC filtering list and reservation list. I have already reset the router couple of times and I am really frustrated of doing that. I am hoping that manufacturer of router would make a firmware update this particular matter. if it does not happen then I am going to change my router itself. I don’t have any other solution left apart from that.