Thread: Netgear WNDR3400 Problems, Could be Windows

Netgear WNDR3400 Problems, Could be Windows

I have had a Netgear WNDR3400 installed and running with no problems for about a year now. A couple of weeks ago I started having problems getting my laptop to get to the internet. It could connect to the router but could not get to the internet. I used the Windows troubleshooter to reset the adapter and automatically get the IP settings and that would randomly solve the problem. Also rebooting the router or computer would occasionally work. Now nothing works. My daughter brought her computer over and it has the same issue. My cell phone and my wife's ipad can always connect so I don't know if it is the router or Windows. Also if I plug directly into the router it works fine so the issue is just with the wireless connection. Can anyone help me with this?

Re: Netgear WNDR3400 Problems, Could be Windows

In your laptop if you are using Windows click on Start > Run. Type cmd and then type ping 192.168.1.1. See what response you are getting. If you are getting continuous ping that means the router does has any issue you will need to reset the router settings. Second if there is broken ping the router is having hardware issue. Try updating the firmware and check back.

When I did the ping it tried it four times. Each time the message said destination is unreachable. When I went on-line to download the firmware I was told no upgrades are available and I am unsure of how to force it to reload the existing firmware. I'll keep poking around and trying, any sugestions? Is it time for another router? This one is only a little over a year old and works pretty well, when it's working.

When I did the ping it tried it four times. Each time the message said destination is unreachable. When I went on-line to download the firmware I was told no upgrades are available and I am unsure of how to force it to reload the existing firmware. I'll keep poking around and trying, any sugestions? Is it time for another router? This one is only a little over a year old and works pretty well, when it's working.
    Just go through the below threads where similar issue has been mentioned and see if any of the solution out there is helping you out or not.
    Can Connect to Router but unable to connect to internet
    I can connect to the Router but not the internet
    Can connect to router but not to internet?