Thread: App.msi missing while uninstalling Microsoft security essentials

App.msi missing while uninstalling Microsoft security essentials

I am facing problem while uninstalling Microsoft security essentials from my computer. I have windows 7 operating system in my computer, from last few months I am using Microsoft security essentials but now I have decided to uninstall it but when I attempt to uninstall Microsoft security essentials from my computer at that time it says app.msi is missing. Please let me know how to fix this problem.

Re: App.msi missing while uninstalling Microsoft security essentials

i have read your problem and i would like to tell you that there are many ways that msi error can popup in your computer. you might face one of this error "Msi.dll Not Found", "Cannot find [PATH]\msi.dll". Main cause of this problem is missing or corrupted dll files. if you want to resolve this problem then you can try following steps. first you have to start your computer in safe mode and then you have to first try to restore dll files from recycle bin incase if you have deleted files by mistakenly. if you have already emptied recycle bin then you should try to restore msi.dll files with the help of recovery program. there are many programs available on internet which you can try such as Recuva, Pandora Recovery. Download any of this program from internet and then you have to try to recover file and then check whether it makes any difference or not? if you still get same problem after trying this solution then let me know.

There was similar issues occurred with my computer also then I have tried to search solution on internet but didn’t get any answer. Now after that I have I have downloaded Fix it tool for Microsoft security essentials from Microsoft official site and then I have run it in my computer. Now after that i have tried to uninstall Microsoft security essentials again and that time I didn’t get any issues. I think you should try this solution and then let me know whether it makes any difference or not?

From last one year I am using Dell studio laptop in which I have windows 7 operating system. I am also getting error while uninstalling Microsoft security essentials from my laptop. now after that i have first opened start menu in my computer and then typed regedit in start menu serach box. after doing that i have right clicked on that and clicked on run as administrator option. after doing that i have navigate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Security Essentials key and deleted Microsoft Security Essentials entry. now i have opened start menu and then typed command in search box and selected run as administrator after doing right click on that. Now after that i have typed this command "CD C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\Backup\x86" and pressed enter. now after that i have typed Setup.exe /u and then it has uninstalled Microsoft security essentials successfully from my computer. you should try this solution and then check whether it makes any difference or not?

in many cases doing system restore can also help us to solve this problem. you should open start menu in your system and then you have to click on accessories from all programs and then you have to select system tools and then choose system restore opiton. Now you have to select system restore point. after performing system restore you have to try to uninstall Microsoft security essentials again and then see what the result is. I am suggesting you this solution because i was also getting similar problem and then i have performed system restore in my computer and then my problem get solved. if there is no system restore point careted in your system then you have to run system file checker tool in your computer and then it will replace all windows corrupted files with windows original files. to run system file checker tool in your computetr you have to open command prompt in your computer and then you have to type sfc /scannow and press enter.

i have tried to solve this problem by performing system restore in my computer but that didnt make any differnce. i have opened command prompt i my computer and then run system file chacker tool but that does not make any differnce and then when i have restarted computer at that time also same problem occured. i have deleted Microsoft Security Essentials entry from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Security Essentials key and then i have rebooted PC but result was same.

If anyone have solved this problem then please help me.

try this steps to get rid of this problem.

you have to first disable Microsoft Security Essentials service. To disable Microsoft Security Essentials service you have to first open start menu and then you have to type services.msc in start menu search box and then press enter key. now look fo Microsoft Security Essentials service and then right click on it and disable it. after disabling service you have to open resgistry editor in your computer and then you have to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key and right click on MSE entry and delete it. now after that you have to delete MSE registry subkeys and also delete installer subkeys and then you have to reinstall MSE in your computer and then uninstall it from add and remove programs. i hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.