Thread: Cannot access facebook and antivirus websites due to Virus attack

Cannot access facebook and antivirus websites due to Virus attack

I think there is some abnormal activity going on in my system and hence from the past few days it has been really troubling me a lot. I am sure it is a virus attack in my system which is causing the problem. First of all let me begin with facebook. I am not able to open up this website first I thought it might be some problem with their server as it happens that facebook’s server does gets disabled for a quite amount of time. so I thought of browsing some other pages I visited some other forums like techarena and others they opened up properly. I also wanted to check out some of the antivirus websites which did not open. I went to Norton’s website and also kaspersky as well. None of the websites refused to open up? God knows what was the problem behind that? I waited for a day and the other day again I opened up FB for which I saw that the page was not loading at all. This disappointed me again and now I got a confirmation that some virus attack is preventing the site to open up. So that’s when I decided to scan the system wit the famous antimalware known as malwarebytes. I thoroughly scanned the system and after that I rebooted my system and then started again. still the same effect. So what do you all think what could have been the problem behind that? Do you all have any idea about the same. if you all have then do reply me as soon as possible. Since I think this is a very serious threat to my system and I hope to get it resolved as soon as possible that’s what I want to do.

Re: Cannot access facebook and antivirus websites due to Virus attack

Hey can you do one this again scan your system properly with a good antivirus program, malware bytes will do and send me the log file of that result generated on my PM. That would be a good thing to do. I am sure there is some virus activity happening in your system and hence it is giving you problem. Have you recently clicked any unknown link redirect9ing it to somewhere? Do post me back the results of the log as well as the question that I have asked you here.

I will look after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Samuel Salt View Post
    Hey can you do one this again scan your system properly with a good antivirus program, malware bytes will do and send me the log file of that result generated on my PM. That would be a good thing to do. I am sure there is some virus activity happening in your system and hence it is giving you problem. Have you recently clicked any unknown link redirect9ing it to somewhere? Do post me back the results of the log as well as the question that I have asked you here.

I will look after it.
    Ok I have sent you the file please have a check about the same as I don’t have any idea about it. coming to your second question what I want to say is that I haven’t clicked on any unknown link the thing is that I did not had any kind of antivirus or any protection for my system, the day I got this problem I got the malware bytes and run the whole system scan. Though malware bytes was successful in removing out all such threats In the meantime but it did not solve this major issue of mine.

I have a fear isn’t my ip being tracked by which I would be hacked one day? I don’t want that to happen. So that’s why do some research on that and let me know as if what should I do? I am waiting for the response from your side.

I would advise you to use Microsoft security essentials I loved that particular program that’s why I am recommending you to use it. Now why I am telling this to you is because a few days back even I was stuck with this similar problem. Wherein every website that I had opened it gave me some pop up of a particular antivirus and it redirected to that home page. This happens to me frequently. I scanned my system with the antivirus programs such as avira, avg, kaspersky, Norton and many more none of them gave me any kind of results then one of my friend suggested me to use this particular program called as Microsoft security essentials. I did not have faith in him as this was a completely new program and I haven’t tried it yet but still I thought of giving a try. I downloaded and installed it, ran the entire system scan though the scanning process took a hell lot of time but in t he process it was cleaning up my system. It seemed to me that some kind of virus had entered my system with the name of that antivirus and MSE did the right thing of flushing it out from the system alas I had a relief that I got out from the system and I had some air to breath now. Impressed with its features I decided to keep it permanently in te system so I have a Microsoft security essential in my system as a back up along with escan. So if any threat has been identified in the system by escan then I make use of MSE for the assurity. This is a real good product you all must give a try for the same.

Hey I checked your log file and I got some doubts in the two places one of them is the F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe is it proper? Since I could not see the ^^ sign out there. One more thing is that O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{C08E2E44-8781-4DC9-A60C-282F5C5121B5}: NameServer = 218.xxx.xxx.23, is that you name server? Do tell me about the same. if you want then you can delete this particular line. Rest everything looks fine for me.

So do respond me quickly on what do you think about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebadaah28 View Post
    Hey I checked your log file and I got some doubts in the two places one of them is the F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe is it proper? Since I could not see the ^^ sign out there. One more thing is that O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{C08E2E44-8781-4DC9-A60C-282F5C5121B5}: NameServer = 218.xxx.xxx.23, is that you name server? Do tell me about the same. if you want then you can delete this particular line. Rest everything looks fine for me.

So do respond me quickly on what do you think about the same.
    You are telling me to delete those 2 lines? Is that what you are telling me to do? then I can’t because the ISP’s DNS server is quite correct and I can’t change it. One more thing do I have all the necessary permissions for the deletion stuff and all.

Since this is a very risky thing that’s why I am confirming again with you all.

Dude do one thing don’t delete the ‘REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe’ edit the file with the ^^ sign. See why I am asking you to edit the file is because this is a trick carried out by some virus writers that use real file names to confuse users. So that’s why I am asking you to first edit the line and then continue with the process. So there can be many possibilities in front of you it is very important to have a look at every possible angle.