Thread: Computer plays music in the background when on EXPLORER and mouse doesnt work

Computer plays music in the background when on EXPLORER and mouse doesnt work

Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me! 2 days ago I was watching a video on my laptop and all of a sudden wierd music started to play in the background (not just music but commercials too). I searched on the screen to find out if there was something else playing but couldnt find anything. I was confused so I shut down Windows and started up again and everything was fine.
    The next day I went on the same site again and the same thing happened but this time I let it play as I was trying to figure out what the heck was the problem! The longer I did this, the more music/commercials played ALL AT ONCE!!! I then thought it may be some sort of virus so I closed the Explorer.
    That is only HALF the problem!lol Now my mousepad doesnt work when I open the Administrator desktop! It will highlight something as if it is able to be opened but will not click on ANYTHING! When I go to the "Guest" desktop I have no problems, the mouse/the website works fine! This is crazy... does anyone have a suggestion on what this may be? I'm pretty sure it is a virus but I havent done anything to my brand new computer for this to happen.

Re: Computer plays music in the background when on EXPLORER and mouse doesnt work

The sound appears from the flash content on a site. Second thing it looks that there is a virus in your system because of which your existing account is working slow. Try to run System restore for a while. Click on Start > and type system restore in the search box. Click on Restore and choose a appropriate date from the calendar. Second thing boot in safe mode and scan the system with a good antivirus. If Explorer.exe is entirely corrupted you have not option other than re-installing Windows.

Re: Computer plays music in the background when on EXPLORER and mouse doesnt work

I figured it must be a virus but I wanted to make sure. I just got the computer brand new 1month ago too I did restore the computer before I saw this post and it did work. Thanks again for your help!