Thread: Need some advice on transferring my music folder to Mac

Need some advice on transferring my music folder to Mac

I need help to transfer my songs from Windows pc to Mac. He gave me his laptop for some while to transfer music and video. I had not used mac before. I want some help to transfer all multimedia files from my system to his. I had tried to do that via usb but is too time consuming. So what I planned is to transfer via Ethernet which will be faster and I can leave the transfer process running for a while. Or else for usb and other stuff I will need to copy paste them one by one which is very time time consuming. The easiest way for me now is to start with Ethernet transfer.

Re: Need some advice on transferring my music folder to Mac

It is very easy to do that. Connect the laptop with windows system and share the multimedia folder. Mac system will detect the share folder and simply copy paste the entire data. You can choose a option of adding the songs automatically to iTunes. By this all music and video files can be listed in iTunes.

There are many ways by which you can do this. First it can be done via network sharing. This includes lan sharing and ftp setup. Second it can be done via different media like cd/dvd or usb drive. If you can arrange a usb drive then your job can become much more easier. You just need to copy and paste the songs. By moving all the audio files to music folder in mac all songs are listed in iTunes. There is no issue of what format you have. Do you have a subscription for mobileme disc. you can save the songs on that and then sync the same with Mac. Do not forget to find the space left in your system. There should be ample of space to copy and move all the files.

I had did that with iPhone. I connected the device and in iTunes on the left I can see the song. After clicking on sync everything appeared on my system. It is much easier.

There are certain tools which can be used for this. For that first you will have to anyhow collect all the songs on a removable media. Or else it might not work. This is the best way to do that. Simply by dragging the files to the mac folders the copy function will begin.